The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Intercooler piping issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apedog

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2009
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
So I bought this intercooler from a guy and he said it was a Punishment intercooler setup. The pipes however do not fit at all. The pipe coming from the throttle body kinda comes up at an angle making the bov pipe not sit where it supposed to. The flange for the bov is hitting the hood and im kinda at a loss of what to do.
Should I cut it somehow to make it fit?

The 2nd picture is with the bov pipe kinda pushed down but even if I put a bov on it, it would still hit the hood

Attachments

• IMG_20120508_185049.jpg
    IMG_20120508_185049.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_20120508_185030.jpg
    IMG_20120508_185030.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 312
I'm no 1G expert, but I think you're going to run into other issues...

is this the short route piping kit? or the long route?

To me it looks like you're also going to have an issue with your upper radiator hose as well? are you sure it's positioned correctly?

I'm no 1G expert, but I think you're going to run into other issues...

is this the short route piping kit? or the long route?

To me it looks like you're also going to have an issue with your upper radiator hose as well? are you sure it's positioned correctly?

Yeah its short route but I honestly dont think its gonna hit the upper radiator hose. I had it mocked up and it looked great but its just hitting the hood:cry:
silicone cuplers - DSM Classifieds try the cheao used 45* there.

You need to go a lot more to the passenger side.

I would try to take it back somehow. Or get some money back. I have a PR kit and it looks nothing like that.

Well I bought it off a guy on the classifieds about 2 months ago so thats a no go. Im confused of where your saying to put a 45 degree coupler, right at the end of the pipe coming from the throttle body to the bov pipe?

Looks to me like it was built for a SMIM with the height of the BOV flange.. AT least from what i've seen

I've never seen FMIC piping be able to come off one car and bolt directly to another unless both cars are pretty much stock or both people bought the same "staged upgrades" from the same vendors, there's just to much variance in people builds and different brands of parts. Might as well plan on having a few extra T-bolts, silicone connectors and an extra mandrel bent piece of pipe or two in order to make sure everything bolts up or is able to be installed in one shot... trying to go at it with only the parts bought from aother car usally makes you realize the differences in setups and that you need some extras around when doing things like this yurself

What's it look like from the top, something isn't sitting right with your setup.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sticking with the fact that those pipes are fit/cut for a smim. looks like it would hug the profile needed just right

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back