The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

installing engine and tranny tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlpower92

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2005
perry, Ohio
ok should i put the engine and tranny in as one or would it be easer to install the engine or tranny first then put the other part on after one of them is bolted in and anytips on making this easy and fast this is for a 1g awd thanks :thumb:

Mount the trans to the block out of the car, and drop them in as 1 unit. Make sure to double check every single bolt that you tighten, all wires and connectors are plugged in.

Yes it is. I did the same on my motor swap last weekend. I warn you to be very careful of your A/C condenser. We were pulling my 7-bolt at around 2 AM and didn't notice a bracket digging into it until it rapidly started spraying freon into the air. We took it as an opportunity for some weight reduction.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back