The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

indiglo gauge power tap on 2g??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TalonAWD

20+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2002
Orlando, Florida
hi where is the 12v power to the tail lights in the steering column
that you supposly have to tap for power.i tap it in the
whipers fuse down there jeejje, but is not right i think.
can somebody that did this help me .

and yes i use a voltmeter to see which cable give power but no
suceed

When I did it on my 1G I soldered an extention and ran it right through the firewall and to one of the parking lights. This way there's no mistake. when that parking light gets power you gauges light up.

hmm...on my car it is tapped into the green wire on the ORIGINAL dimmer switch.

Careful, the instructions on my gauges read exactly this "Locate the power source which is connected to your parking lights and attach the red wire to it. (Do not use your factory dimmer for a power source). This would result in a failure to light your Speed-Glo gauges or burn them or your factory dimmer out completely."

where excatly in the steering column of a 2g is the "Power source that connects to the parking lights???

hmm...well they came with the car like that...no problem so far.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back