The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved Identify this connector - please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImperfectTruth

Probationary Member
Feb 12, 2012
Portland, Indiana
Recently purchased my first DSM - a '99 Eclipse GS, 420a, the car has been 'mildly' molested.. I pulled the dash to replace the heater core and while putting it all back in I've got one connector I can't find a mate for.. The picture is a close up shot of the center console, directly behind where the head unit would be (the gob of wires on the right side of the pic is the stereo wiring, the result of many hack jobs as you can see).

The white connector is the female side and I can't find the male to save my life. I know in some of these cars there are four connectors along this row; a white, black, and two blue (from left to right). This is tied to the black connector's harness, so I know I've got it routed to the right place - I just don't know where the mate is. I've searched high and low, someone please gimme a hand!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/URL][/IMG]

Solution
Could it be for a TCM (transaxle control module) for an AT? My 99 GST MT has the same connector and I've wondered the same thing. Often wire harnesses have wiring for both MT and AT and sometimes for T and NT in them to simplify production. My 99 factory diagrams show 16 pin yellow (B-62) and 26 pin yellow (B-61) connectors next to each other in that general area which are for a TCM AT on the 2.0L turbo and 2.4L engines. My connectors are white and black instead of yellow but it wouldn't be the first time colors don't match. Do your white and black connectors have 16 and 26 pins?
Could it be for a TCM (transaxle control module) for an AT? My 99 GST MT has the same connector and I've wondered the same thing. Often wire harnesses have wiring for both MT and AT and sometimes for T and NT in them to simplify production. My 99 factory diagrams show 16 pin yellow (B-62) and 26 pin yellow (B-61) connectors next to each other in that general area which are for a TCM AT on the 2.0L turbo and 2.4L engines. My connectors are white and black instead of yellow but it wouldn't be the first time colors don't match. Do your white and black connectors have 16 and 26 pins?

Attachments

• wire harness main connectors 2g dash.JPG
    wire harness main connectors 2g dash.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 839
Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the pic resize and the good info guys. Rally - that's a definite possibility. I really wish I could just remember if the damn thing was plugged in before I pulled the dash or not LOL. My car is a manual as well, does your car have both connectors or just the female one? I also counted the pins and the white connector is an 18 pin (only 16 pins are used) and the black one beside it is a 20 pin (only 12 pins are used).

I would just power everything up and see what happens but I've currently got quite a bit of stuff torn down in the engine bay, drained coolant, etc. I was looking forward to getting the interior reinstalled and buttoned up but not until I figure this thing out.. I really don't want to get it all back in just to tear it all back out :ohdamn:

Thanks again Rally! I'd actually forgotten about this thread haha.. I found the mate when I pulled the carpet out for a good cleaning, which was a relief! I'll go ahead and flag this one as resolved. :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back