The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

i need a cheap fwd down pipe 3"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlpower92

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2005
perry, Ohio
ebay has them but there all for the awd does any one have a fwd mandrel bent fwd 3" for around 150 shiped ?

AWD is easily adapted......got mine for 115 shipped and just had to get the flange rotated

wasnt trying to get it here this isnt the classifieds

the 1g awd or the 2g awd down pipe ?

Don't try to make something that isn't what it is. Buy a fwd downpipe. That way you can just bolt it right in and not end up making another post about trying to get your Awd downpipe to work on your Fwd. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help you out. Another suggestion, go to an exhaust shop and have them make you one. I had one made out of SS for under 100 bucks.

what shop did you go to every shop around here 3rd thing they say to me is what about your cat i say i have a 3" test pipe they say oh well we cant touch it 10'000$ fine if you dont have a cat on it i throw away my old cat .

what size pipe did you get bent was it manderl

they want 90$ for a 3" flex section at the one shop that will look past the cat and put my test pipe on and summit has them for like 30$

I got mine done at a place called Grady's Mufflers. Unfortunately, they closed down due to getting caught replacing cats with test pipes. So don't get upset when places turn you down. I know the guy semi-personally and he got 2 years in jail, he lost his shop, and ended up with a 25,000 dollar fine.

If your close to Toledo, a place called Soleau's will definitely hook you up. He told me he would do me a full 3" exhaust for about 300 bucks. Your best bet is to find a "backyard shop", not places like Tuffy, Midas, etc. to do the work. Most of these places should touch a car without a cat.

If you can't find a place to do it, just pay the 200 bucks for a downpipe. I know it sucks to pay that for one but thats what happens when parts aren't made at your disposal. If you can't find any, I"ll get you the list of vendors with 3" downpipes.

if worst comes to worst ill have to pay the 200. but im going to wait and just drive up to summit racing and get that flex section and take it to this lil shop and hope to get it done for about 95$ form what the guy said . press bent 3" i realy wanted manderl tho im running an open down pipe and i got a big feeling that im going to lose alot of power .

maybe just buy all manderl bends while im there but i think there 45 degree bend are on back order :cry:

thanks for the help

Open downpipe really shouldn't matter a whole lot. You really shouldn't notice much of a difference in performance, unless you ran back to back runs at the track. What you will notice.. is a much quieter exhaust. I don't know how some guys run open downpipe, it's to loud and obnoxious for me but I'm WOT quite often.

get the megan racing DP off ebay.

and most shops will just reuse your dinky flanges anyways, so youll just be kicking yourself in the ass for the sake of saying you have a DP.

Look what that is for, a 2g FWD downpipe. Not many places make a 1g FWD downpipe and the places that do, are quite expensive.

Oh sorry didn't notice the 1g my bay ROFL Anyways you can order the downpipe bends from RRE and find a friend that can weld and a case of beer and you'll have it done up quick. Who cares what it looks like it's under your car nobody will look under there :cool:

ok im buying the megan 2g gsx down pipe the guy ^^^ we talked. he said all i have to do is put a new flang on the end cuzz it has a 3" flange and the cat is 2.?. so im running a test pipe and i think ill have to chage that any way cuzz the way its angeld wont bolt up to the test pipe. so ill keep you guys posted maybe do a diy on it for buget 1g fwd down pipe for 89$ shiped cant get any cheaper :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back