The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

HP Gains on Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseOwner95

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 16, 2002
Jacksonville, Florida
Ok, i have a 95 RS heres what i have if anyone knows about how much hp id get out of these please tell me, i havnt found access to a dyno yet

Pacesetter 4-1-1 Header
Matrix High Flow Cat
2 1/2 Down Pipe
With Exhaust ( Cat-Back)
HP Spark Plug Wires ( i know its not alot but i figured id put it in there )
AEM CAI

Thx

Depending on if it is tuned properly or terribly, you could see -5HP to about 10HP max. That's right, you can see a decrease.

headers just dont our cars much power, you have to remember, we dont have v8s, just get your exhaust manifold ported, that will give you as good or better gains as a header, the whole exhaust you have listed might gain you 5 HP, the intake another 5 HP, IMO just save your money and get a turbo kit, you'll be much happier

i'm going with mizundastood...

While you could see a loss, its probably not likely, unless you're having major tuning issues. My guess is an additional 10-20 at the crank.

The thing with the headers is that, while you wont get but maybe a 1-2 hp gain at the top end, you'll definitley get a bit more torque at the lower rpms. This definitley helps, IMO... I just can't stand that "dead zone" before the power curve... feels like i'm flooring it and it isn't going anywhere.

Kyle the potentual of the 420A is big ! I have seen an all motor 14 sec. car. If you want to go all motor those mods are good, but if you want to reach that 14 or 13 sec mark fast go turbo. If your serious about racing u ditch yur sound system your interior from the front seats back, Luanch spring kit and a high compression rebuild with the mods you stated and driving you will see 14 sec. maybe 13

Originally posted by wicked93GS
IMO just save your money and get a turbo kit, you'll be much happier

I agree...just look at my sig!:p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back