The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

HKS 264 cams need to tune right away?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGst98

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2010
Concord, North_Carolina
Ok so I am rebuilding a spare head I have, and getting some hks 264 cams for it. My question is do I need to tune for these right away? I do plan on getting it tuned but that is after my 14b, front mount, injectors and pump ect. I need to do a timing belt soone and just figured the head shuld be done by the time I need to change it, so why not put it on. I understand I wont see that much of an increase of power right away but do I need to have it tuned? or can it wait untill I have everything?

Also what is some good springs for the 264's? I have read the stock ones are fine, but if I am going to buy new stock ones any way why not get better ones for little more. Thanks for the help.

I would get a set of Manley 22125-16 springs and run stock retainers. These are good to around 8.5K RPMS with stock retainers. I can hook you up on a good price. As for the tune. I ran my car after cams and it will run and drive its just not going to be ideal. Idle wont be perfect and I would stay away from WOT pulls unless you can verify that Air/fuels are good.

Thanks for the imput, I will look at those. As for you tunning my car how would you arn't you in washington state? I dont know how that would work.

shuld I pm you on the price for the springs? Also I do belive I read that these cams are mild enough not too need a tune, though you will get more bang with a tune. Whitch was why I was asking if I need a tune. If I would have to watch the throttle for a while I might just wait untill I can get a tune and might as well have the shop install the head also.

Also I do belive I read that these cams are mild enough not too need a tune, though you will get more bang with a tune. Whitch was why I was asking if I need a tune. If I would have to watch the throttle for a while I might just wait untill I can get a tune and might as well have the shop install the head also.

Feel free to Email me anytime if you're interested in my services and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. My Email is in my freelancer Ad.

IMHO,
Once of the best things you can do with your car next to upgrades and more so when making them is getting the parts to work their best and together with a good tune :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back