The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

High RPM Lockout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSITurbo95

Probationary Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ohio, Ohio
So before the motor swap, my tranny did not lock my out at all. After the swap, it locks me out at high rpm's. Bled the clutch, it does not grind, or make any weird noises. After trying to shift, it locks me out, and after about a second I can go into gear. Any idea's on a fix?

Man, talk about DSM being finicky, mine is doing the same thing and i didn't even pull the trans. I noticed my clutch was losing a little fluid every week and i KNOW the slave was replaced less than 2 months ago and the master was new in november last year (so 3 months on that at this point) and the ine is solid. I suspected crush washers so i changed them at the slave and now i can't get it blead or adjusted enough to shift good from a 1-2 at high RPm's to save me.

Before i had the clutch adjustment 3 turns in from where it closed the reliefe valve off (2g car) and now i'm at exaxtly 1/2 turn from it being blocked and although i can drive it i can't shift at high RPM

also the damn thing after the washer replacement would be fine at one setting and then start not givign me any clutch at all forcing some hard grinding shifts one day to get it home (which i know weren't enough to damage the trans that bad because i've had to do it before on past trannies that were comepletely fine after much worse abuse (the OEM FWD one anyway as well as some friends/customers cars that ahve came to me with no clutch operation) but for some reason i can't get mine back to that sweet spot to save me.. the lines have been purged dead clean to where the fluid stays clean and clear and i damn well know how to bleed and adjust the thing but to no avail, it seems like one time i mess with it and it's perfect, other times it just wants to fight me until i've fiddle-fu(ked with it enough to make it happy and then it's perfect with less pedal travel..this is getting onmy nerves, i'm about to post about it myself only because it changes so weirdly

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back