The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Help with problems please!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake17

Proven Member
Nov 13, 2013
Billings, Montana
Hi, Just bought my 95 talon tsi awd manual and I was wondering if anyone has some information and could answer a couple questions.
1. When accelerating my at jerks only when acceleration moderately to heavy. Said to have bigger injectors(1000cc) has front mount inter cooler along with a 16g turbo.
2. I would like to find a shop to put better internals in it. Preferably around billings mt.
3. I have more questions so message me and I'll ask more.
Thanks

Do you know what tuning device the car has?

With 1000cc injectors, it would almost have to be DSMLink.

What does the your wideband say when the problem happens?

You should also try doing a boost leak test.

I will also tell you that if you didn't understand anything I said in the above sentences, you should sell that car right now and move on. Buying a modded car when you have no experience will end badly.

The guy said it's dyno tuned. It also has maf translator 2. And the wide band usually doesn't read anything until the car is at idle. I will do a boost leak test. Thank you for the response

Dyno tuned using what? Just a maft translator is not enough to compensate for those injectors...

What do you mean the wideband doesn't read anything until the car is at idle? Are you sure it's a wideband and not a narrowband then?

The guy that had it before me had it dyno tuned in coldorado. Don't know what he used he still has it in the car and it is still running. And it reads the air/fuel ratio at about 14.9 when it's idling and it does all the way past 18 when reading when car is above idle.

18 above idle is way to lean. Not near enough fuel.

But see that's why it is weird. Idk if I have a wide band or narrow band. And could having it lean cause the jerking?

Having 18 afr when boosting will absolutely cause jerking, detonation, and engine destroying.

At this point, my recommendation is that you find a qualified tuning shop near you and just have the car towed there. I'm afraid that you are in way over your head and should not have bought that car. In the future, try to find a lightly modded or stock car when you are new.

well it seems to never jerk in 1st gear, 2nd every once in a while, and 3rd above 3500-4000 rpm. I also live in a fairly small town with no awd dyno closes one is in denver. which is a 8 hour drive one way. i will call around quality shops to see what they car do. i can watch the air/fuel ratio on the tuner system. thanks for all the help. this car is not that heavily moddified. im just new with the turbo systems and am on this site learning about them all day pretty much.
But again thank you so much for the help.

Take a picture of your "wideband" There's something wrong here!
So you have 1000cc injectors but you don't know what they used to tune it! For 1000cc usually people have a bigger fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator (FPR) and possibly a bigger turbo! I mean 1000cc with t25 is pointless right? I really recommend to stay away from WOT or you will end up with a blown engine if what you said about your AFR being 18.x at WOT is true, even for idle is very very lean. Take Soccerguy's advice and find a shop or somebody nearby that know DSMs.

Guy said to have 16g turbo fmic 1000cc injectors and am not sure about fuel pump. I'm going to call this guy sometime soon. Also I will be calling a few shops after A bit today. I will stay away from wot until all problems are fixed. Thank you.

Update it was my maf sensor. stock injectors, fuel pressure drops 30psi from fuel pump, timing was 2 teeth off, hole in exhaust manifold gasket also a stud is broken off, oem bosh fuel pump, and i also have a MAFT 2.
Next problems:
1. Mad sputters sometimes in any gear.
2. AFR is still super high.
3. Need new wastegate, bov
(the turbo spools pushes no boost all escapes out of the wastegate)
4. also when i start the car in cold weather it idles really high ive seen above 2500 rpms, also it does when i take off clutch when its cold and just started.
please help i got a solution for #3 new wastegate and turbo and bov same size as i have in now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back