The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

HELP!!! Please read! Is my clutch gone and Idle bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwoods6

Probationary Member
Jun 22, 2004
boulder, Colorado
It is really cold here and my car is acting weird.

Just in the last day or two, the idle has been weird and now the clutch peddle is almost going all the way to the floor!! Could my clutch have gone out in 2 days? It was pretty much normal the other day with good resistance when I pressed the clutch peddle and now it goes almost all the way to the floor before engaging. I don't think it is slipping but it is grinding gears when the car is cold. When it warms up the peddle still goes to the floor but it does engage and the gears don't grind.

PLEASE HELP!

I just started a new job today and don't want my car to die so I cant go to work tomorrow!!

Kevin :barf:

check for fluid in your clutch resevior. if its not full...fill it up and bleed the system...mine did this right after i installed my slave cylinder and master cylinder...got all the air out now and no longer grinds into gears

Thanks! I don't have a repair manual for my car yet but plan to get one ASAP.
Can you get clutch fluid at Walmart? It's after 10pm and all the parts stores are closed.

Also, where is the clutch fluid reservoir filled at?

Thanks

Kevin

I found out where the clutch fluid goes. On my 97 Spyder GS it is just to the outside of the brake reservoir. It was bone dry!

Is clutch fluid really just brake fluid? Also could the sudden change in temperature (moving from florida to kansas) have caused me to lose my fluid? Or is it that I just have not done much PM on my car recently.
Thanks,

Kevin

its the same thing....DOT3 brake fluid

edit: mine was leaking also...just old age maybe...but it was leaking on the inside of the car. so i replaced it and no longer leaks... inpect from the inside and also around it on the outside of the cylinder. look for loose hose

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back