The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Good Auto Transmission Filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wibblersnatch

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2002
Fleming, Ohio
I burnt my B&M Trick Shift Synthetic Fluid which cost me 7.50 a quart which only had about 3000 miles on it and now i need to replace my fluid again.:mad:
I'm looking for a filter. Just wanted to see if anyone had some sugestions on any good ones and which ones to stay away from.

Originally posted by wibblersnatch
I burnt my B&M Trick Shift Synthetic Fluid which cost me 7.50 a quart which only had about 3000 miles on it and now i need to replace my fluid again.:mad:
I'm looking for a filter. Just wanted to see if anyone had some sugestions on any good ones and which ones to stay away from.

Filtran makes all of the commercially available filters that I know of. I think that you need to find out what caused your fluid to fail that quickly, I assure you that it is not a fluid problem.

Thanks for the reply. I know why it burnt. I had my car overloaded when I moved to NC. 500 miles into the drive and a nice cloud of smoke appeared from underneath my hood. Not to mention tranny fluid all over the ground.

How overloaded could it have been? Were you towing a horse trailer?

I'd go with a mopar filter. We don't have any problems with them.
Um... have you considered an oil cooler for the trans? There's already one in the radiator but if you plan on doing any more towing (which I really wouldn't recomend if you pull so much to burn your fluid up), then you may want to get a little more protection.
Doug
p.s. CarolinaDSM.com

Mopar filter is still made by Filtran.

Originally posted by transdude
How overloaded could it have been? Were you towing a horse trailer?

No, I wasn't towing anything. I had most of my stuff packed into it. As in the only empty space was my driver seat. And I was averaging about 70 -80 mph.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back