The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Front plate placement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throwback23

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 28, 2012
Boring, Oregon
This is definatly a petty topic but I'm glad not to have worse problems! I'm looking for opinions on front plate placement, from what I've been told here in oregon we are required to have front plates but I don't really like my options. Here are the 2 places I've put my plates, I'm not sold on either but don't have many other options since I don't want to drill in the bumper. Should I go with A or B? Thanks!

A
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Another angle

B

Another angle

There's actually a stock bracket that bolts under the bumper and holds the plate out front of the bumper cover directly in front of the crash beam. You could always go back to stock.

Other options: you can put it in your windshield or attach it with brackets fabbed up to hold it in front of the windshield wipers or you can make a bracket to hold it offset from the center inlet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back