The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

evo fuel pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbehling

15+ Year Contributor
May 23, 2003
WisconsinUS
my friend has an evo 8, he recently upgraded his fuel pump, and said that his stock fuel pump would be better than my stock one. Anyone know if it would bolt up and if pumps at a higher rate than a 2g turbo

tstkl said:
it does work, and the people I've talked to say it does overrun your stock fuel pressure regulator if you rewire it, but does not if you don't. its a little larger than the 190. I just went with a twin turbo 3kgt fuel pump which is apparently a tiny bit smaller than a 190. 40 bucks shipped off 3si.org.
Good news! According to RRE's website the TT 3000 pump flows 180 lph @ 43 psi/12v. Wally 190 is 168 @ 43 psi/12.5v. The 3k pump as also nearly dead quiet even hotwired! :rocks:

I'll chime in because I have an Evo VIII pump. Bought it used from this site. It was basically a drop-in unit. I have done the rewire and I got the fuel pressure checked when it was at the shop for something else. Guy actually was curious if the pump was stock because he said it was running a little higher pressure than he expected. He said it wasn't a problem, and I have never had a problem with it. It is not any louder than the stock one. I have yet to turn the boost up on it too really test it out. My recommendation is that if your goals would require you to only get a 190 get this pump instead, it is cheaper and does not need a FPR, even with the rewire.

Later,
Dana

Good to know! Always good to have options. :thumb:

Awesome! That was my plan all along because I really can't afford a FPR at this point.

So i have been planning on getting a 255 for my evo 3 gt setup becasue im nervous 190 just might not be cutting it close. My set up is afpr, denso 560cc, and a evo 3 gt turbo pushing 18 to maybe 24 on race days. I have searched and seen alot how the evo 8 and 190 are similar but what is the exact differnece because if evo 8 was slightly larger i would be comfortable getting that and saving myslef the whine of walbro. Plus im only paying 50 for evo pump.

I've heard that the Evo pump is roughly equivalent to a 190. On my cousin's Evo we were able to run 26 psi with a 10.8:1 A/F and we weren't maxing out the pump. I think it should be fine at 24 psi on a Evo 3 16g.

Thats what i am going to run on my TSI. you save cash and dont have the noise and they perform almost the same.

I dont understand why so many people think that walbros whine so bad that they cant handle the horrible noise.Its more of a slight humming.If it bothers you so bad turn the radio on.Its not like a high pitched ear peircing noise.Thats my 2 cents on the matter.

As for as the 190lph not keepin up with your 16g it will.I had a 190lph rewired and ran 25psi on pump with no troubles.

I have asked Wufei to add the info below to his install guide, but he hasn't as of yet.

MR571545 - Fuel pump housing
MR571544 - Fuel pump
MR431121 - Fuel pump outlet grommet

Yes! it bolts on without any modification or splicing.. just gotta transfer your O rings from your original pump.. I just bought a brand new EVO 9 fuel pump.. you're gettin a good deal! EVO pumps flow close to how a 190 flows, but its way quieter!!!

Mark

Same question for a 1G?

I'm buying one (for less than $40, you should be able to get it cheaper...). I know I have a 1G, but I'll be able to let you know about install in a week or so.

Thats good to know.

I bought an evo 9 fuel pump but I have know clue what install kit to get for it to work on my 90 fwd laser.

I'm just in the process of putting an evo 8 pump in my 91 AWD. So far the only thing it seems to need is different connectors for the power and maybe some trimming of the bottom insulator. I don't see needing an instal kit for this. Just hit up radioshack for some spade style connectors.

Kevin,

YES IT WILL FIT, IT's will clip onto the same connectors as your stock one. Just make sure you do not damage your original oring and fittings that go onto your stock pump because you will need it for the EVO pump.. I installed the EVO9 pump into my 2G... Its been working very good for me...

Mark

MarkAngelo05 said:
Kevin,

YES IT WILL FIT, IT's will clip onto the same connectors as your stock one. Just make sure you do not damage your original oring and fittings that go onto your stock pump because you will need it for the EVO pump.. I installed the EVO9 pump into my 2G... Its been working very good for me...

Mark

Thanks Mark for that confirmation. :rolleyes:

95autogst said:
(I'm just waiting for warm weather and free time to do the same thing;-)

Caleb

Don't be a wuss. I was out there yesterday pulling out my ECU in the bitter cold, and I was out there last week taking out my own fuel pump.

Man up. Make free time.

just wondering what is safe boost for running a EVO III 16G on the stock 2g fuel system and the stock smic? i searched but i couldnt find any numbers that were consistent. here are my mods...Apexi N1 Turbo-back exhaust (no cat), Apexi "Power Intake" Filter w/ MAS Adapter, Dejon Tool UICP, Greddy Type-S BOV, EVO III 16G, MBC.

thanks for the help :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back