The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DSMotorsport 14b + NO2 = 11.40!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil1320

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2002
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Went to the Mitsu day at E-town today.............damn there were alot of cars......lots of EVO's. Highlights on my list were Nate Pharrs' GVR4 running 11.40@125 ...very nice, congrats to Nate. Al Friedman's EVO ran 11.28@128 ..don't know if that's his best run, but damn fast nonetheless. Real nice silver EVO 5 hittin high 11's....super clean car. Turbotrixs' Jeff Hill had his EVO street class car on display....WOW! This thing is awesome....watch for it coming soon at import events. Last but definitely not least, Nate Crisman(sp?) of DSMotorsport hit an 11.4X@118 pass running the 14b and a healthy nitrous shot.....after seeing this, there is no way not to respect that run.....his total race weight is still over 3000lbs. as well. I'll let Nate give the particulars if he chooses. Congrats Nate! By the way, it was the first time I met Nate today, and along with letting me know that my accomplishments with the 14b have inspired him as well, he is a great guy to talk to about the DSM's and I look forward to talking with him again.

Later guys,

Phil1320

That is definately a nice run. I wonder what he runs without spray. Goes to show you don't really need a big ass 50trim to put down some power.

The car ran a best of 12.4 @ 109 without nitrous the first day out testing for the $2004 Challenge back in early march. I haven't made any non nitrous passes since the first day...so now Im going to put some effort into running down the 14b non nitrous record. :)

Ran the 12.4 on 450's hacked 1g maf and no fuel control. I went 11.73 @ 117 at the grassroots race with the nitrous on with the mods listed on our site.

Crap...went to put a link in here to info on the car, but the older version of the site is still up. We switched web hosting companies and i think the previous backed up version got uploaded.

goals for the year are to knock down an 11.7 without the bottle and 10.849 on the bottle. :D

TurBoGs-T said:
That is definately a nice run. I wonder what he runs without spray. Goes to show you don't really need a big ass 50trim to put down some power.

That was our goal. We qualified ahead of alot of high $ cars with T3T4 turbo's and built engines.

We want to show our customers and anyone who will listen that you can put down some really good #'s with basic parts if your willing to use the bottle and good tires.

My car isn't super light. It isn't super expensive. Its easily duplicated. :thumb:

Man just watchin the vids of these 14b runs and seein' the mods and times makes me positive I'm going to stay 14b for as long as possible. Gonna try to get every bit of power out of it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hey Nate- Just wondering what nitrous setup you guys are using. Kind of interested in one just to spool up the turbo. Congrats on the awesome times!

11secDSM said:
Hey Nate- Just wondering what nitrous setup you guys are using. Kind of interested in one just to spool up the turbo. Congrats on the awesome times!

standard NOS brand single fogger wet kit. It's adjustable from 40 - 150hp. Im running on the upper end of the scale right now. You really should get an asortment of jets and a bottle heater/gauge if you want it to work consistently.

boostinpleazure said:
Man just watchin the vids of these 14b runs and seein' the mods and times makes me positive I'm going to stay 14b for as long as possible. Gonna try to get every bit of power out of it. Thanks for the inspiration.
Shootout vids online? If so, where are the links?

12.4 w/o nitrous is pretty good with still using 450's 1g maf, and no fuel control. But 11.4 on an 80shot. D@MN!! :cry: I want to hit atleast a 12.2 on 14b before i get rid of it, but then again i have alot more mods than some 14b'ers. You guys think that new bests will still be possible with this hot weather? Congrats Nate!
Travis

..anything is possible Trav....have you run lately? May 21 is coming, I'm getting the car ready........if I do not run 11's this time out, the 14b comes off the car and I sit at 12.00 on the 14b. I'm gonna have to drive pretty lame not to do it with the adjustments I have made to the car.......

Phil1320

Phil, which event is May31? I was planning on driving to OC for classic car weekend the week before, but might take the truck if this is going to be a big dsm thing the next week.
Travis

al friedman tuned my car. i should be deep into the 12s. i've seen al's car, its pretty twisted. hks 3037 turbine, external waste gate ventin into the exhaust, relocated battery, full cage, he is running a non mass air set up too, its weird but nasty

.....I never replied to this. Drivetrain is entirely stock except for the ACT 2600/streetdisc. My average 60' is 1.71-1.73 with the best ever being 1.65. I do not launch that hard at all, between 5400-5700rpm with a "slow" nosediver 1-2 shift.

Trav--May 21st is a rental day at the strip.

Phil1320

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back