The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Dsm mechanic needed in I.E.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rene1998gsx

Probationary Member
Sep 14, 2012
Bloomington, California
In need of a dsm mechanic in the inland empire, have been working on the car for a few months got it running but idle is bad and need help beford i keep dumping more money! If anyone can help i will greatly appreciate it i need it running asap thanks! Btw its a 1998 gsx

I have a 95 gsx and just rebuilt the engine and i'm having the same problem, my idle is at 2krpms, i put new spark plugs, wires and tps, don't know what else. So i'm on the same boat

same boat except for a 1998 rs with a star stage 2 turbo. rebuilt the 420a, turbo, transmission and for some reason i cant drive it past 15miles/30mins without the engine shutting off and staying off. :confused:

new fuel system but definetly seems to be an electrical issue because the engine just dies.

replacing wiring harness this weekend and installing a missing link.

In need of a dsm mechanic in the inland empire, have been working on the car for a few months got it running but idle is bad and need help beford i keep dumping more money! If anyone can help i will greatly appreciate it i need it running asap thanks! Btw its a 1998 gsx

have you checked your engine for any vacuum leaks? a sign of leaks is the engine idling at a higher rpm but steady pace.

check the wiring and map sensor. loose wiring or dying map can make idling rough.

pcv valve.

those are the easy checks to make.....if you just had the engine rebuilt then timing might be the issue as well. a quick check is seeing if the aligning tooths of the cams are exactly lining up by removing the timing cover.

hope this helps :D

I have a 95 gsx and just rebuilt the engine and i'm having the same problem, my idle is at 2krpms, i put new spark plugs, wires and tps, don't know what else. So i'm on the same boat

yours DEFINETLY sounds like a vaccum leak. other possibilities are the map and idle air controller.

This mechanic helped me with the issue I had with my 98 rs. it turned out to be a combination of camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, oxygen sensor and loose wiring.

david-909-753-2988

great service and CHEEEEEEAP.

Already got new sparkplugs and plug wires spark so their good. New camshaft and crankshaft sensor, idle air contol valve. Cleaned theottle body too. Im thinking a electrical problem somewhere or a leak or maybe oxygen sensor??. Going to try to do a leak test next probably.

Already got new sparkplugs and plug wires spark so their good. New camshaft and crankshaft sensor, idle air contol valve. Cleaned theottle body too. Im thinking a electrical problem somewhere or a leak or maybe oxygen sensor??. Going to try to do a leak test next probably.

did you check the air temperature controller on the manifold? my dsm acted up due to cracked wiring to it. also, is the timing correct? hopefully its just the air temp sensor, cheap part n easy to replace.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back