The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Can i put A bov on my stock 97 gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthrnSmkd

Probationary Member
May 11, 2011
Dickinson, Texas
Hi guys i'm new to this but can i put a ebay bov on my stock gst? i don't have injen intake yet. If i can could someone post some pics up maybe. i'm real sorry for the silly question but i just blew a grand on walbro hp fuel pump and megan racing turbo catback exhaust and megan downpipe, and some other stuff.

I hope some other stuff includes an AFPR.

As far as can you, yes, why couldn't you? I am confused at what you are asking?

whats afpr. i just thought that i had to have an inner cooler to have a bov.

I would never put a knock-off bov on my car. It'll probably leak almost as bad as your stock plastic one. Buy a 1g valve and be done with it. Whatever you do, make sure you recirculate the bov though.

whats afpr. i just thought that i had to have an inner cooler to have a bov.

adjustable fuel pressure regulator... It's recommended that you get one when you install a Walbro 255 so you don't overrun the factory fpr. Some people don't have issues with 2g stock fpr's and a 255 though.

walbro high pressure fuel pump. ok thanks guys ya'll sure are nice you right screw knock offs but i really don't want to pay 255.00

I really think, with no offense meant, that you need to stop modifying your car and do a lot of reading first, starting with the upgrade paths, tech articles and FAQs here. From your displayed lack of experience with these cars, and possibly turbo systems, I think you are in danger of doing more harm than good.

yep you're right i'm just learning on these type of cars. but at least i started with basic which includes 10mm spark plugs wires and flused coolan, flushed transmission, engine as well replaced water pump oil pump, cleaned fuel injectors and a lot more basic stuff. is there anywere i can get a new 1g bov? and thanks i really appreciate the honest crticism maybe you can help out only if you don't mind.

Did you just watch fast and furious one day and decided to start working on cars? You need to do a lot of research before you start modding because, some offense intended, you seem like you have no clue what you're doing.

You need an afpr (air fuel pressure regulator) because with that walbro255 you spent a grand on with over run your stock regulator and cause you to run rich.
You CAN use an ebay bov but it will leak more than likely.

Please stop working on your car because it's people like this that give these cars their unreliable nickname.

The problem with that is we don't know where you stand knowledge-wise. Right now based on what you posted, here is my help:

- Forget about a blow-off valve for a bit, we need to address the lack of products required to run what you have bought so far.

- It sounds like you have bought a Walbro 255 LPH pump, which if is true, is overkill, you will NEED to purchase an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to run it, otherwise you will overrun your current stock FPR quickly and cause yourself a lot of headaches. On top of that, you really shouldn't be running that pump on stock injectors, but oh well now.

- 10mm plug wires are absolutely, positively, definitely overkill and probably a good waste of money. I would probably return them and get the 7mm NGKs. The NGKs have been on cars running 10s, even faster.

- Many of our vendors here sell a 1G BOV brand new, unfortunately we can't "sponsor" a company and list one or the other, but ExtremePSI, JNZ, and others will have one.

ok thank you i appreciate the help treat me like a noob and you the master

well i'll be packaging that back up tommorow and returning it. ok So my car is stock I would like bov but what should i start off with? i just want to get to 350 hp and thats it.

Read read read! Just read til your eyes bleed!!

For 350 it shouldn't be too hard.

16g Turbo
550-750 injectors (depending if you wanna tune or not)
Wally 190 or 255 pump
1g BOV
Controller
Boost Gauge
Cone Intake
NGK COPPER (not iridium)
3" cat back exhaust might help ya
AFPR

Just read up!

As fourgsixthree33 posted look at this particular link Tech Guide: 2G 4G63t Upgrades - DSMtuners. When you've researched every component on the list and know what they are meant for and why you need them, then I would suggest modding, not before. Also, and this is the most important thing, if you're going for 350, make sure ALL your maintenance is done and your car is in top shape before the modding begins.

A 255 is part of the name of the fuel pump not the cost. It actually costs under $100 but you don't need it. A 190 will be enough and wont require a $150 fuel pressure regulator. You don't need an injen intake either. You need to stop buying what you think is cool and you need to read, read, and read some more. If you keep this up you might be at 350hp eventually but you'll blow the engine and spread rumors of how DSM's suck and are unreliable, etc. On the bright side that car wont be tortured anymore.

Btw who did all the labor on the car so far?

And ps- you'll want a 2.5" exhaust. A 3" might cause boost creep. Only benefit of a 3"for you is street cred

talk to you guys later i'm doing some reading on megan racing recirculating bov since i don't have a clue what that is. thanks for support and being dead serious honset advice even hough it did offfend me but hey i needed to hear it. thanks i hope i can ask any of yall questions if i ever need help.

Man forget them fake it until you make it. Nah im just playin. Everybody is saying do your research and i will say you did that half way right because if you didnt do any research u wouldnt have asked this question, but definately do some research before u purchase parts. I would stick with exhaust for right now, and draw out a plan and budget. I cant really tell you what to do in order because i just do all my stuff at the same time. One question how much is this injen intake.

Wow, is this kid for real?

What you need to do is get a mbc and crank it all the way in.....REAL POWER!!!

IM KIDDING!!!!! DO NOT DO THAT!!!!

Please read, and re-read everything listed by other members before you touch your car again......

hey i was doing some research on this injen intake for the turbo and then the ebay one for $40. Is there honestly any difference perfomance wise? it looks like it should all work the same. the only difference i think is that injen might have put a better heat resitent coating on it.

hey i was doing some research on this injen intake for the turbo and then the ebay one for $40. Is there honestly any difference perfomance wise? it looks like it should all work the same. the only difference i think is that injen might have put a better heat resitent coating on it.

Just keep checking the classifieds for a Dejon or similar 2G intake pipe, don't blow your money on an injen intake. They usually have 2 or 3 a week.

I'm not much of a fan of ebay products, I like what has been proven to work. But then again, it is just an intake pipe.

LOL @ the manual boost controller comment.
Craigslist is littered with AD's that go as follows

FOR SALE 1991 Mazda MX-6
DSM FAST COOL GUY CAR

Has bad engine, was running 22 psi on a MBC. Now car won't idle or run right. STILL PULLS HARD!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back