The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Big Turbo Buyers Beware!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cha-chi said:
if you are in the market for a bigger turbo be on the lookout for the cheap knockoffs from china. Dont be a FOOL like me and try to save a buck. Stick with our vendors. here is the biggest knockoff turbo going around right now

We couldn't see the link because you didn't copy shortcut.

We have had some knockoffs try to make their way in here but luckily most dsm'rs spotted them and most vedors won't sell them.

Search for EVOIIIGT and read the threads.

Well shit.

If they are going to buy out the world's supply of iron and steel, they should at least build decent crap with it.

leet said:
Well shit.

If they are going to buy out the world's supply of iron and steel, they should at least build decent crap with it.
aint that the truth i work for one of the largest steel mills in the world and everyday it gets worse and worse for us they are making there steel overseas alot cheaper than us and look at the outcome.. junk!

i know what he is talking about. The ZHY chinese turbo company has been selling their turbos through shady vendors in the US that are advertising them as Genuine Gerrett Products. A few of them have had wheels completely shatter under regular use, housings split right down the middle Etc. We had a call from a guy about trying to sell us these turbos :rolleyes:

Most of them have been sold on e-bay.

cha-chi said:
if you are in the market for a bigger turbo be on the lookout for the cheap knockoffs from china. Dont be a FOOL like me and try to save a buck. Stick with our vendors. here is the biggest knockoff turbo going around right now
http://www.coloradomustangs.com/for...hread.php?t=448

Its true guys, ive seen a few people come into the shop unhappy with the turbo the have received. I dont know how there getting away with it but they are. these turbos and header they are selling are scrapped together. Stick with the good old american vendors who dont wanna just take your money but wanna help you out. Jim

cha-chi said:
aint that the truth i work for one of the largest steel mills in the world and everyday it gets worse and worse for us they are making there steel overseas alot cheaper than us and look at the outcome.. junk!
They make steel cheap, they don't make cheap steel. So don't spread propaganda like this is the outcome. Also, the steel companies aren't making these knock off turbos, but the companies that are are building crap. If you want to blame the shift in steel manufacturing, blame unions, they drive the prices up on wages and force the buyer market to shift overseas.

Edit: Also, let's not forget buying American is great, from our vendors is smart too. But some of the best turbos are made in Japan (Mitsubishi), so not all foreign turbos are junk.

97TSIAWD said:
They make steel cheap, they don't make cheap steel. So don't spread propaganda like this is the outcome. Also, the steel companies aren't making these knock off turbos, but the companies that are are building crap. If you want to blame the shift in steel manufacturing, blame unions, they drive the prices up on wages and force the buyer market to shift overseas.

Edit: Also, let's not forget buying American is great, from our vendors is smart too. But some of the best turbos are made in Japan (Mitsubishi), so not all foreign turbos are junk.

you are totally right about that, but i do know alittle about the way they make steel overseas as seeong i worked in a steel mill in china for 3 months setting up a lacam laser to take measurements on the furnaces they make there steel in, now dont get me wrong they do make SOME good stuff but i was just posting this to let people know what to look out for not to start a big stink about unions and what not.

p.s i proudly work for USS Steel

yeah, once them chinese get things down right, they make em really good. FOr example, I work as an expeditor in a machine shop, half the machined parts we get are from china or taiwan. Their prices are really cheap. They first send samples of the parts , which I check, with the castigns it takes em a couple of tries to get it right, but some of thestuff Ive seen em do with castings are better than what we make, and theirs are half the price, shipped to your door. Its even funny how they run stuff cheaper on cnc machines than we would ona screw machine. Its sick. But from the look of some of the brass parts, their definition of HEX BRASS , means having round edges insdtead of degreed ones.

ITSME4G63 said:
yeah, once them chinese get things down right, they make em really good. FOr example, I work as an expeditor in a machine shop, half the machined parts we get are from china or taiwan. Their prices are really cheap. They first send samples of the parts , which I check, with the castigns it takes em a couple of tries to get it right, but some of thestuff Ive seen em do with castings are better than what we make, and theirs are half the price, shipped to your door. Its even funny how they run stuff cheaper on cnc machines than we would ona screw machine. Its sick. But from the look of some of the brass parts, their definition of HEX BRASS , means having round edges insdtead of degreed ones.
Yeah, a lot of Chinese and especially Japanese in early 50's sent students over to learn American trades and production. Now they hire Americans to come over as consultants and bascially learn to mimic the process to a T and produce good quality products. It really is disapointing that these bogus turbo companies are coming over trying to sell junk. I hope a lot of people stay away from them. With the misleading name of the turbo it might be hard for a new turbo buyer to realize the difference between this turbo and the Mitsubishi engineered turbo.

Some guy brought me one of those turbos about 6months ago, He didnt like my price and he went elsewhere for the cheaper turbo, that blows Good post to inform the dsmer community.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back