The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

AWD conversion... electrical side

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2002
Randolph, New_Jersey
I am sorted on the mechanical side... I have a good idea of what needs to happen.

What about electronics? Is the chassis wiring the same? I know if I swapped in ABS it would be competely different. But is the swap purely a parts swap (minus the FP wiring)

I am not affraid of the work.

The car I was looking at didn't pan out. Turns out the kids' engone crankwalked and he is now sporting a 6-bolt.. bastard.

Looks like the Formula will get some new toys instead.

reclise93, get laid you are not helping.

I don't believe there's any electrical involved that would give you any probs if at all. This isn't really electrical but the e-brake cables need to be relocated. I hear the heart of it all is moving/making and exteneding stud mounting points for the carrier sections.
Someday I may take a shot at this as switching cars might be the same amount of work if not more. When you have a lot into your car (motor, wiring, tuning), it's hard to just put it back to stock and settle for some AWD car that isn't the same color/year that you like.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back