The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ACT2600 Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95mitsugsx

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2002
Andover_MN
I just got an ACT2600 install 2 1/2 weeks ago. Its driven fine until last night while going the clutch engagement point seemed to change. The pedal was all the way out but the clutch didn't catch, I could only go like 30 MPH at the most. IT just slipped and burned in every gear. I let it sit for 3 hours and was fine again. This morning it drove fine for about an hour than acted up again with the very far out engagement that doesn't catch all the way, I let it sit, now its fine again. Is this possibly air in my lines or what. Also are 2600 known to slip after a hard run, I was racing and right after it would slip in 5th but when it cooled down it was back to normal.

Take it back to who ever installed it! I just got mine installed. I have had it for about the same amount of time. Mine works great. I know that you can adjust your clutch pdeal with the wire under the hood. Your best bet would be to take it back to whoever did the work and get it done right.

how many miles where on the clutch when you decided to rip on it???? i waited at least 600miles before i would really get into some hard driving on it. But just like the one guy said above i would check it yourself or if you dont feel like messing around with it, take it back to the person who installed it and ask them whats up cause you dont want to have to invest in alof of other parts because they screwed the install up. GOOD LUCK :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back