The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

act xact flywheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMeclipse4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2003
columbia, Maryland
anyone have any experience with the act streetlite fly wheel?? Im doing a act 2100 clutch and am looking at this wheel for my car. What do you guys think?
andrew

its a good wheel, the only thing i dont like about it (as a light weight flywheel) is it does not have a replaceable surface, you can only turn it one or at the most 2 times, so unlike a fidanza wheel it wont be the last wheel you ever buy

Originally posted by Wobble
its a good wheel, the only thing i dont like about it (as a light weight flywheel) is it does not have a replaceable surface, you can only turn it one or at the most 2 times, so unlike a fidanza wheel it wont be the last wheel you ever buy

I woudn't trust an Alum thin flywheel that has had it's surface worn down 3 times to be even close to strait. The ACT should last just as long as any alum flywheel.

besides for the cost of one fidanze and one surface replacement...you can just buy 2 act's. extremly rare for someone to go through 3 clutch's in the life of thier car under one performance minded owner with an act.

the act flywheel is great. feels good and after 20 pases at the track took it off and looked fine. i think john shep ran his 8 sec pass on it and also said it looked and felt great on his car. worth the money!

Originally posted by DSMotorsport
I woudn't trust an Alum thin flywheel that has had it's surface worn down 3 times to be even close to strait. The ACT should last just as long as any alum flywheel.

besides for the cost of one fidanze and one surface replacement...you can just buy 2 act's. extremly rare for someone to go through 3 clutch's in the life of thier car under one performance minded owner with an act.

a fidanza has NO weakness, you replace the surface for CHEAP and its like a brand new flywheel..

wobble I think wha t he is saying is that for the price of fidanza you can get 2 act....but yes I do like the idea of having friction plate replaceable. But I will stick with the act for 255 cant beat it. Oh yeah act xact has plenty of thickness to disapate heat jun are great for performance bu8t they are the ones with heat and warping problems.

The ACT XACT flywheel is *awesome*. I highly recommend is to all my customers, and we are the #1 ACT Flywheel distributor on the west coast, and all of my customers are happy with it.

I definately recommend it.

Well yes, most people that sell a product for money tend to highly recommend it..

but what i was saying was that if you save up a bit more you can buy a flyhweel that is lighter and has a replacable friction surface.. which more or less is the last flywheel you will ever have to buy..

what everyone else is saying is that you dont need to go out buying flywheels everyday so replaceability isnt big on peoples list...anyways i like the heavier weight of the ACT compared to the fidanza

i found someone selln fidanzas for 305 a peice. i think thats a pretty good deal plus fidanza is 4 lbs lighter that the act. i am gonnna go w/ the fidanza ill let u kno how it turns out

i find it hard to believe you could go too light on our cars, maby on a 90hp honda.. but not anything with any balls, and if thats your prob, just a get a stock wheel...

you *may* lose a little boost between shifts.. maby a little more than with a heavy wheel, but that will more than be compensated for in other areas, such as HP gain, responsivness.. etc etc.. unless youve got like a t66 or bigger losing a psi or 3 between shifts should not be any kind of issue..

you also have to launch from a higher RPM to get the same amount of force, the lighter the wheel the higher the RPM you need, which i am assuming is another reason why shep went to an ACT from his fidanza

""why shep went to an ACT from his fidanza""

he is sponsored by ACT, not Fidanza... duh

RRE sells a lightened stock flywheel;-) its not "too light" and can probably be resurfaced:thumb: haha, im just messing around i had a similer thread except it was act xact vs rre lightened stock flywheel, ACT seems to be fan favorite for most DSMers.

I wouldent trust a lightened stock flywheel.. they already weak enough without taking off MORE material..

Well yes, most people that sell a product for money tend to highly recommend it..

Not only do I sell it, but we use it in our own race cars, and street cars.

Our AWD 650hp Spyder has it, and our 600hp 1g Talon AWD has it. The proof is in the pudding.

so i guess no fidanza running cars make that much hp huh?

you can find 500hp cars running STOCK flywheels.. does that mean stock flywheels are badass? no.

so i guess no fidanza running cars make that much hp huh?

you can find 500hp cars running STOCK flywheels.. does that mean stock flywheels are badass? no.

The guy is asking about ACT XACT flywheels. He is not asking about stock flywheels, stock lightened flywheels, or fidanza. He asked for experience, and comments.

yup, and my experence is to save a little more to get a better flywheel, if your gonna get a light aftermarket flywheel, thats gonna cost more, get one that has a replaceable surface.. that way you dont have to buy it twice.. sure the avarage flywheel lasts a LONG time, but "average" is not always the case.. you buy a racing flywheel.. then you must be racing, and if your racing that clutch isnt gonna last 60k like a stock one on a stock car will...

and since a fidanza doesnt cost 2x what an ACT does, in the long run it will be cheaper AND lighter AND have a replacable friction surface so you never have to turn it.. you get basically a NEW flywheel at the faction of the price..

haha I made this thread I just ordered a xact flywheel from you prostreet. Hope I enjoy it :D , now I just have to save all my pennies for a 2100:laugh:

Originally posted by prostreetonline
Not only do I sell it, but we use it in our own race cars, and street cars.

Our AWD 650hp Spyder has it, and our 600hp 1g Talon AWD has it. The proof is in the pudding.

I like pudding:thumb:

not everyone puts money into it, i bought it because its heavier then a fidanza flywheel, i wanted the extra weight so i dont need rediculous launches to get the same amount of power

hey greathuskie thanks for what you just said its the same thing ive been wondering if i should do, i have a jun right now and i hate it. my launches suck now and the quick rev sucks. im for sure going with the xact street flywheel for the fact that its not as light as the jun or fidenza and not as heavy as the oem flywheel. also sense my car is drag only never auto cross. well and daily driven

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back