The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

97 Eclipse Spyder Body Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trivium

Probationary Member
Apr 4, 2010
Hampton, New_Hampshire
Me and my friend have been working on his 97 gst spyder he wonts to throw a body kit on it but we havent found anything that stands out. You can always but the "blitz" body kit on it but i feel like it is used to much. Was woundering if u guys saw any kool spyders with body kits if so can u tell me which body kit is or just post a picture or a link

thanks

Trivium

You guys sound young and its understandable your buddy wants a body kit but I would urge him against it. I would suggest spending the money on a coilover setup and drop your car 2-3 inches... it will help with the appearance a lot and will make the spyder look very clean with the top down without overdoing it. If you still want to add a kit, there is a guy on this forum that runs a BC2 kit i believe, only spyder i like with a kit.

Do you know the name of the guy that has the body kit on it or the username?

His user name is Gixxerdrew. He owns the gray spyder under the Tuners logo at the top of the page. If your friend has $5k estimate then you can get the custom downforce kit he uses/co(?) designed.

His user name is Gixxerdrew. He owns the gray spyder under the Tuners logo at the top of the page. If your friend has $5k estimate then you can get the custom downforce kit he uses/co(?) designed.

I think he's talking about a different guy, gixxerdrew doesn't have the BC2 kit. I know who it is but can't remember his name.

I think he's talking about a different guy, gixxerdrew doesn't have the BC2 kit. I know who it is but can't remember his name.

I didn't see the "BC2" in your earlier post. However Drew has a very nice functional body modification and would be worth the money if you road race.

PERFECT Body kit that stands out = Stock! But if you wanna be a ricer and ruin your car go ahead. However I suggest if you want to do something thats actually cool (Body kits are NOT cool and DO NOT get you laid!), do a 2gb Talon Front bumper, 2ga Talon Side skirts and 2gb Talon Rear End on a Wingless Spyder! Now THAT would be hawt! If My sister wasn't already taken, I'd give her to ya for that! :)

I second that, the 2gb Talon body is a factory body kit and it's an agressive style unlike the Eclipse body.

Hey do what YOU like on your car, cause it is your car!! If anything is done right it will look decent enough for most people to enjoy. But remember it is YOUR car or your friends LOL but do what you seem to look best. But a 2gb Talon kit on a spyder would look so sick make sure you lower it as well!

It is your car so do what you want. That said try lowering it first or throwing an air intake on it first: we really think you will be well pleased with the results and it might be money better spent. I have some lowering springs so pm me if you are interested.

You do realize how much a body kit costs + paint + getting it fitted on if you can't do it yourself AND any maintenance to keep the kit looking good once it gets destroyed. Don't waste your time.

Where the crap did all these ricers come from, this is like the 2nd or 3rd one to post recently. :banghead:

LOL I was reading some of these posts, jeez some people sure do take offense to this topic. Good thing the OP isn't standing next to some of you, you might stab him or something. Just remember that going fast isn't everyone's priority.

to each their own .. I try to say that as much as possible .. I get called a ricer alot on here because I got a free bomex front cause my OEM one got ####ed up then I have a big spoiler but honestly the buddy club 2 style looks like oem with a lip

To the op: have you found any body kits online that you like?
Again do what you want but you obviously are asking for feedback, otherwise you would have already bought it. There is nothing wrong with feedback and second opinions. Google eclipse body kits and post up some pictures of the ones you might be interested in, as it sounds from the responses that most here don't like them or don't have them on their eclipse.

PERFECT Body kit that stands out = Stock! But if you wanna be a ricer and ruin your car go ahead. If My sister wasn't already taken, I'd give her to ya for that! :)
well guy you must be saying that drew is ricing his spyder than because what he has on his car is a body/ aero kit. a body/ aero kit with research and development to back it with complete function. he is also kinda winning events also. but as you said body kits are rice.
oh but deffinitely i will take you up on your offer with your sister. I make some mean Rice dishes:thumb:

well guy you must be saying that drew is ricing his spyder than because what he has on his car is a body/ aero kit. a body/ aero kit with research and development to back it with complete function. he is also kinda winning events also. but as you said body kits are rice.
oh but deffinitely i will take you up on your offer with your sister. I make some mean Rice dishes:thumb:

I dont understand why you keep bringing threads back from the dead? :notgood:

Body kits screw up the lines of the DSM, its already perfectly designed from the factory.

2ga side skirts are the only upgrade you need.

Well i own a spyder, and would not put a kit on it,Ive always loved the 2gb style front bumpers,and also growing quite fond of the 2gb sideskirts. Yes the 2ga skirts have that more aggressive straight edge look,but with the spyder if its 2gb.just leave it alone and take the door panels off to give it more of an aggressive look. Fill in the fastener holes and drop it. No need for a kit. I do have to say its hard to find a 2gb driver side skirt. Im rolling one 2gb and one 2ga. The body lines on the spyder,or any 2g are sexxy and should not be tampered with. But it is you and your buddys choice. If you do u might as well go big. Good luck.

Ok..... if you are going to leave the Spyder plain Jane, that is cool, but there is nothing wrong with putting a body kit on a spyder. if you want it to be different than why not. I personally think that Andys Auto Sport sells good stuff. Look into the duraflex body kits, they are tough as shit. If your gonna throw a body kit on a 2G spyder its going to need to be painted but so will the rest of the car im sure. Mine does anyways and I think im going with the millenium duraflex body kit for about $1000 dollars. But not the millenium spoiler....... just my 2 cents.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back