The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

7 bolt with 6 bolt head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleep95

Probationary Member
Oct 2, 2011
Delavan, Illinois
I have a 97 gsx with a 6 bolt swap, but I've already bought internals for my 95 gst that is too much of a rust bucket to even deal with. How hard would it be to swap back to a 7 bolt but keep the 6 bolt head

It would be as easy as un bolting the motor in the car and bolting the new motor in the car. The 6 bolt head bolts directly to the 7 bolt block but you will have to use the 6 bolt water pipe, water neck, and intake manifold.

u will need to change the clips on or wireharness all together that clips to engine. 6 bolt head has to be drilled out about 1/8" bigger to fit headstuds also theres a oil jacket that is recommended to be milled a lil bigger.

u will need to change the clips on or wireharness all together that clips to engine. 6 bolt head has to be drilled out about 1/8" bigger to fit headstuds also theres a oil jacket that is recommended to be milled a lil bigger.

You should never reply to a post again, nothing in this statement is correct.
6bolt headbolts are BIGGER than 7bolts, so nothing needs to be done there.

The wiring harness is the same other than the cam and crank sensor, which should still have the wires from where it was a 7bolt stock, they just need to be hooked back up, or he could keep the 1g cas all together and leave the crank sensor unhooked. Therefore I have no idea why he would need to change the wiring harness. Please correct me if im wrong.

You should never reply to a post again, nothing in this statement is correct.
6bolt headbolts are BIGGER than 7bolts, so nothing needs to be done there.

+1. The head bolt holes only need to be enlarged (by 1mm) when putting a 7-bolt head on a 6-bolt block. Not the other way around.

Should I have to do any wiring since im using the 6 bolt head still?

Nevermind. Should've read mchustle's post closer the first time.

Thanks for the help! Now all I need is a money tree in my back yard.....

Should I have to do any wiring since im using the 6 bolt head still?

Nevermind. Should've read mchustle's post closer the first time.

Thanks for the help! Now all I need is a money tree in my back yard.....

If you find one back there please send me some seeds or something.ROFL

My mistake your correct i had it backwards. and yeah i meant 1/16 bigger aha. sorry again, but yes 1mm bigger would be correct

the 90 cas plug is different
the 90 coil pack is different
the 90 ptu is different
the 90 iac motor is different( plug is the same and you can use it but it is different from 92-99 style)
by the way...

the 90 cas plug is different
the 90 coil pack is different
the 90 ptu is different
the 90 iac motor is different( plug is the same and you can use it but it is different from 92-99 style)
by the way...

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with this thread? Who said he's using all 90 components?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back