The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

6 bolt swap wiring 97

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisoo369

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 27, 2010
Glenview, Illinois
Hey everyone i'll make this short. P.O did a 6 bolt swap in my 97 talon. Everything was wired correctly, car ran fine. I unplugged all the swap harnesses to clean the intake manifold, tried to plug them back in correctly, now the car doesn't get spark(?) or the cas isn't letting the car turn over or something. All i get is a bunch of clicks. so I unplugged all the wires and took pictures

First picture looks to be the rre swap harness? (I barely know what i'm talking about)

Second picture i'm holding the coil pack harness

Third picture is the 3 triangular harnesses with green pin locks or whatever those are. I believe one of those is ac which i've deleted.

Fourth pic is a zoomed out view of everything.

5th pic is this plastic piece on the coil pack. Its loose, maybe that's a problem?

I figured i get all this sorted, and if i still cant get it to run i'll move onto checking the plugs and wires and all that.

Car was running fine, then i took all that apart, unbolted the coil pack, fuel rail, injector harnesses/injectors, cleaned the intake manifold and switched to an afpr setup. The car is getting fuel. I also sprayed some soapy water here and there for a boost leak test. Forgive me but i can't understand this any better by reading through previous posts about this, or rre's write-up on their website.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 134
If it's clicking and not turning over it could be the small wire on the starter

Turns out I was being a bit of an overzealous noob. The battery wasn't charged enough. Right now I have the triangular plug side of the rre harness connected to one of those three green plugs, and the coil pack connector to another one of those three. The third is left off as it's an unused for AC which I don't have.

the car starts, but My problem now is some sort of weird arcing issue, is my guess. the car sounds like its ticking, or somethings making a weird ticking, electric shorting noise right around the VC, coil pack, fuel rail area. this happens randomly, and the car idled great for a few minutes and went back into making these weird noises, running lean and generally crappy. I pulled the valve cover and the head is fine.

My plan now is to change plug wires, possibly the coil pack too as I could have shorted it during my wiring endeavors, or when i was spraying soapy water to check my injector seals for boost leaks. Or maybe I have the swap wires wrong still anyway? I'll post back...

Could be the common lifter tick if it runs fine take it for a spin and see if it clears up any

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back