The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

4g64 Turbo Conversion - change lower rad hose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n7k1

Proven Member
Sep 7, 2019
Coquitlam, BC_Canada
For those of you who turbo'ed your 4g64, did you change your lower rad hose for clearance?

I'm trying to test fit all the OEM components from a GSX and I can't see how I'm supposed to get by the lower rad hose.

I should mention that I did the AWD conversion on it as well

Last edited by a moderator:
i looked everywhere for a 'swivel neck thermostat housing' but i couldn't find one that fit out cars. ended up cutting a section off an extra upper rad hose off a 4g63 and lower rad hose off my 4g64 and connected them with a 90 degree pvc joint with hose clamps - its not pretty but been holding up great so far but my car is not a daily.

i looked everywhere for a 'swivel neck thermostat housing' but i couldn't find one that fit out cars. ended up cutting a section off an extra upper rad hose off a 4g63 and lower rad hose off my 4g64 and connected them with a 90 degree pvc joint with hose clamps - its not pretty but been holding up great so far but my car is not a daily.
Get that pvc out of there

Yeah so what I did is that you can also get a Chevy ls swivel thermostat housing and the gaskets and it fits the same. You just have to use a drill bit to make the holes a little bit wider so the stock bolts fit.

I used that paired with one of the flexible rad hoses from like autozone. It makes it real easy to take off the intake on and off now. Before you kinda have to fight it.

Yeah so what I did is that you can also get a Chevy ls swivel thermostat housing and the gaskets and it fits the same. You just have to use a drill bit to make the holes a little bit wider so the stock bolts fit.

I used that paired with one of the flexible rad hoses from like autozone. It makes it real easy to take off the intake on and off now. Before you kinda have to fight it.
Thanks! I just got a LS swivel housing that looks like it will work perfectly :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back