The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

420a-T build list need suggestions/review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeah if I ever get another rs/gs I might do the 2.4l edz swap maybe if this build goes good hahah.. is it 2.4l cloud block with 2.0 head? have to fab anything or does the block just bolt right up?

Edit:disregard the 2.4edz question I did some searching around about it seems like a decent swap doesn't seem too difficult little more than this build I think

Last edited:
Rods are different then sizing pistons. All rods are made for a specific engine at a standard size. The bearing size is what makes them fit properly. So your rods are fine you just need a .25 bearing to put into the caps and then bolt on the crank.

I have a high volume pump and it's probably good to have one with a turbo application.

I'd recommend a Clevite or king bearing (not sure if king makes one for this application though) ACL's are ok, but good luck finding them, ACL closed their doors.
As said before, you need a custom (bore) piston, your eagle rods, and an appropriate bearings to match the crank work.

alright thanks guys for all the help stilling learning so just have to bear with me hahah and only way to get pistons is custom now... going to have to wait to get any parts till I run into some money with drill coming up maybe or when I get a job still waiting for them to get the car fixed or get a new one.....

Edit: while looking for bearings I looked at paper again and its millimeters so I converted it and I found out that .25mm= .010in so that is normal and .50mm bore=.020in so that is normal too

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back