The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 2G FIC 850cc dead time

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

775TSI

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 8, 2009
Carson City, Nevada
Question. I run FIC 850cc which at 43.5 fuel pressure and -47 global. My car will not stay running at the recommended 330 dead time its too lean. What can I do to get the car to stay running to op temp so I can adjust 50hz to proper STFT and LTFT Lo?

gotta keep going back and forth with both deadtime and the 50hz maf slider to get LTFT Lo at 0% and AirFlowPerRev at 0.24-0.25. 1g ecu require waiting about 2 minutes after adjustments for the ecu to "normalize", 2g's should do it quicker. This is typically the most time consuming part of "tuning". But once this is set properly, the rest is pretty downhill.

Right now I'm at 650 deadtime . I'm using the stock 2g fuel map. I'm running gmaf and fic 850. The starting point as they say it should stay pretty close to that but I doubled it just to get the car to idle. I've already checked boost leaks.

In all honesty a log won't help because its all over the place. I set my deadtime at 400 and was able to get STFT to 2% but my LTFT lo is stuck at 12.5%. Adjusting the 0-400hz sliders do nothing. Even moving the 500-600 hz slider does nothing to LTFT lo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back