The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2g big brakes rotor change

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canucatchdis

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2003
Moline, Illinois
I went to change my rotors tonight.
The rotors that autozone sold me are to small by about 1/2 in or so in diameter.
I have a 95 awd talon.
Do I have to order the 3000GT non turbo rotors or something?

THanks

If you asked for 95 talon AWD rotors and they are wrong, take them back.

If youre looking for some type of upgrade..?

I was under the impression that the early 95 dsm's had larger brakes on them than the later 95 dsm's.

Is that right?

Yes. 95's made prior to 11/94 had larger vented rotors, apparently shared with Stealth/3000GT. The crossover is well known but I don't know that anyone has confirmed what years and models share the part.

Only the rear rotors are different, the fronts are all the same, late 1G AWD onwards.

2G AWD before ~10/94 have larger diameter vented rear rotors compared to 2G AWD 11/94 onwards, those have solid rear rotors about 1/2" smaller diameter.

Do the larger early rears bolt on to the later 2g's? Or does it require a caliper and/or bracket change?

The whole deal; rotors, calipers, and brackets.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back