The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved 2G 1997 GSX A-32 Front harness connector help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dryppical

Proven Member
Apr 5, 2023
East Helena, Montana
The previous owners did some hacking to the wiring harness and I’m trying to fix it. The front harness connector A-32 is gone so I’m trying to hardwire it together. There 2 wires left they don’t connect to anything. Where do they tie into? Checked to see if check engine light illuminates and it does not still. If someone could provide a Pinout of the connector coming off the fuse box or have a picture of it, that would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at the thread with the engine bay connectors but I need the pinout of the other side of the connector. Fuse box side

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is this a harness from an automatic?

If so, they go together. See pin 7 of A-32 highlighted below.

:p

If you’re interested…

A-32 Male Side
[01][02][03][04]
[05][06][07][08]
[09][10][11][12]

A-32 Female Side (mirrors the male)
[04][03][02][01]
[08][07][06][05]
[12][11][10][09]

It shows the male side of connector A-32’s pin 7 is a blue with black stripe (L-B) wire from pin 5 of the Radiator Fan Relay (LO2) which is connector A-12X.

The mating female side of connector A-32 pin 7 is blue with green stripe (L-G) that loops the wire back to pin 8 of the male side (see red highlight in pic 1, follow to red highlight in pic 2). The upside down triangle with the A in it is linking those two points in the drawings together.

Then pin 8 on the male connector continues the blue with green to pin 4 of the Radiator Fan Motor connector A-33.

Thank you for explaining that. I now understand. At first I was confused how you got blue out of L but then I seen the key on the bottom of the page. So the second letter is the stripe? 2L-W would be blue with white stripe correct?

Correct. And for the rest of what is going on there, the 2 in your example indicates size of wire and you’ll see the F on the wires we were looking at originally, which indicates the wire is flexible and likely selected for use in that spot for a reason.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back