The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1600cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would at any point the added time for vaporization come into play during injector sizing?

I'm wondering if there's advantages to the 80% idc rule in reguards to better atomization through longer spray times.

Any ideas?

Mirage2LTurbo said:
No dynos, but the buttdyno is saying 400ish+ whp on 1 bar. Keep in mind that IDC is not linear, turbo dynamics my son ;) Trust me, I have plenty of flow. I'm only running 37psi base, which isn't really a big deal, I'll never run out of injector. If I get close, I'll bump up the base pressure and go from there, but 5psi isn't going to move my IDC anything incredible. Think about it, I'm using 780cc's of injector.. what kinda power is that good for? I have an incar fuel pressure gauge, it is fine under WOT.

1 bar is 14.5psi, not 17 ;) I should be on 18-19 this weekend though, I'll post up how it goes

Actually, 1 bar is equal to 14.7 psi :thumb: :dsm:

stage2eclipse said:
Actually, 1 bar is equal to 14.7 psi :thumb: :dsm:

Actually, 1 bar is equal to 14.50326 psi or 100 KPA

1 atmosphere is 14.7psi

Nice try though. :thumbdown

He was right about the 14.7 being one atmosphere.

Standard atmospheric pressure
Standard atmospheric pressure or "the standard atmosphere" (1 atm) is defined as 101.325 kPa. (see also Standard temperature and pressure)

This can also be stated as:

29.92 inches of mercury
760 mm of mercury
760 torr
1013.25 millibars (mb)
14.7 psia or 0 psig
0.967838490064855 at (metric atmospheric pressure).
This "standard pressure" is a purely arbitrary representative value for pressure at sea level, and real atmospheric pressures vary from place to place and moment to moment everywhere in the world.

I have 160lb/hr injectors... I would'nt run them for a gas only car unless it has a massive turbo. A car like the BR Conquest for example could and in fact does run them feeding racing gas.

As for alcohol fuel multiply what you would need for gasoline by.

1.66 ethanol
2.33 methanol..

This means that if you ran a car on gasoline with 1000cc injectors the 1680cc's (160hr) on ethanol would be running at the same duty cycle. So if you were at 50% IDC for example on 1000cc and gas you would be at 50% with the ethanol on 1680cc's.

To run methanol you would need staged injection because you would need 2330cc's of injector for each cylinder.

Since 539 whp has been made with pump gas on 780's (stretching them) and they moved to 1000cc's I just dont see how there is much of a need to run anything bigger than 1000cc's (like 1680cc's) on a gasoline car except for those few cars in the single digits.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back