The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Wyotech Crew... sign in!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endlessMyk

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
State College, Pennsylvania
I'll be there in January! Blairsville campus.
Collision/Refinishing for the core and Chassis Fab/High Performance Engines

Then I'll be doing all the other electives (Custom interior trim& upholstery, custom paint and street rod, and getting my business degree)
Anyone else going through it now or in the spring?

ANyone that went to it wanna post their experience?

Well im not going there yet but will be when I graduate High School, I think im going for Auto tech, Chassis fab and high performance engines I will be attending blairsville also.

I went right after high school in 00-01. I took Collision/Refinishing, and ASM (Applied Service Management) which got me an associates degree in Applied Science. I went in Laramie, WY. Didn't like the town at all. The school was good - but here is my honest two cents. I took 3 years of collision/refinishing classes in high school. After high school, I got a job in a Ford dealership body shop. I worked there for 3-4 months that summer before going to Wyotech. By the time I went to Wyotech, I already knew just about all they had to offer in the collision/refinished departments. It is set up more for beginners, who have never done it before. But the ASM class was good. I got a degree out of it anyways so I guess that was worth it. But, now that I have a huge school loan for another 10 years or so....I'm not so sure about that!! LOL Anyways, just my .02 Good luck with your decision-

Bringing this topic back from the dead. I'm officially here now and completely bored. I can't wait til lectures are done.

I know how you feel. I went to UTI in Houston, TX for Collision Repair also and the lecturing was soooo boring. I am more of a hands on guy than a book worm.

Im thinking hard about going to wyotech in sacremento. Ive heard many mixed opinions on wyotech. I was wondering if i took the auto tech class, then chassis fab and high performance engines would i be able to get a job in that area? If anyone has gone to either UTI or wyotech please chime in with your advice.

I graduated from Wyotech's Blairsville Campus in 04. IMO, huge waste of money. I guess if you are going there knowing nothing, its really good. But thats it really. Its a course in general knowledge, and as I'm sure you might have seen already (at least over in the mechanical building) its a GM prep course. Every instructor there was a GM tech, and all of them will tell you "you can make $100 grand easy". My question is, why are they teaching at Wyotech if $100 grand is so easy to make. There were some cool guys there, and it was a good experience overall, but not worth the 23 grand you end up spenging in 9 Months.

Any of these names sound familiar?...Adam Steffy, Jim Peppler, Steve Hower....all instructors, all really good guys.

Make the best out of it is my thought. No point in spending all that time and money to goof off:thumb:

Some of you may want to look into Kettering University... It offers mechanical automotive engineering degrees for powertrain, and chasis/design... The way they set it up is 3 months of school... 3 motnhs of co-op... That is nice to have money.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back