The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

The evolution of my car.. the changes.. pics of before n after..

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTurboEclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2002
Bay Area, California
i was just browsing all my pics of the car and damn.. its been through a lot of changes apperance wise..

for those of u guys who werent here long enough to know i actually had a RedTurboEclipse.. (thus my name and thus the reason why please mods let me change it!!!!) this was my old gs-t

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

-----------------------

now enter the 1995 GSX..

wen i first got it.. cheap paint.. it actually had some sparkles on it.. if u saw it in person and up close.. but it was weak.. street fighter front.. blitz sides and blitz rear.. 18inch expensive but not my style toora t950 rims..

-----------------------

the process of the major overhaul.. to look stock.. not fun.. not cheap.. not fast.. debating if we shouild keep the old paint and just paitn the pieces.. but ended up deciding to do the whole thing..

removed:

front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, 95-96 headlights..

removing the side skirts left numerous holes up along rear quarter panel from the screws.. and stripping paint from the door, rear fender and front fender

-----------------------

finished conversion and paint but not complete..

new stuff:

brand new bling bling paint
dents removed
holes patched
97-99 gst/gsx turbo spoiler
97-99 gs/gst/gsx side skirts/door caps (6 pieces total)
97-99 rs/gs/gst/gsx front bumper
97-99 rs/gs/gst/gsx rear bumper
97-99 rs/gs/gst/gsx headlight assembly (oem black housing)

still no reverse lights as u can see..

-----------------------

and currently.. how it is..

new rims..

top 2 pics have no center caps.. cause it wasnt to my liking..

last pic i painted the center caps black to match to flow..

still not complete.. bumper still needs to be hacked.. (currently in progress as i type this..)

and there u have it..

a major big big before and after pics eh? definitely more satisfying nowt hen before..

Mad props very, very, VERY nice:thumb:
If the world was perfect we would all have a ride that fine. Reincarnated from rice to pure street muscle. Sweet man:D

Definetely Worth the while man, I should do this about my car too its been through the same shit yours has.

Anyways, i never knew but what kind of rims are those? and what did you do with the torra's?

And another thing, what is your name, you never put it in your sig and i really cant say hey "redturboeclipse" every time you post :thumb:

It looks good, I was around when you had the red gst and when you got the gsx. I did dissapear for awhile so I didnt know that was your car when I was looking at it in the gallery. :thumb:

looks tight as hell man...but one question...why did u buy it with the expensive rims and body kit when you were just ognna changeit back to stock? did u get a really good deal that way or somethin?

Good shit man, AWESOME ride. I love the body conversion and rims. And that FMIC is seXy.:thumb:

So you bought a car with expensive rims and a descent body kit which means it probablly was more expensvie. Then you converted it back to a stock car and bought different rims?

Wouldn't have you just spent less if you just bought a 97-99 model in the first place?:confused:

Damn man,bad ass ride.Good job with all that work you put into it.Looks nice:thumb:

Looks good. There is something about the turbo wing that doesn't look quite right to me. Maybe its just me, I don't know. It looks like maybe it should be up towawrds the hatch a tad more :confused: Or maybe its just really early and I am not thinking straight. But like the comments above, the car looks great :thumb:

Originally posted by DSMJim

Wouldn't have you just spent less if you just bought a 97-99 model in the first place?:confused:

It was actually a really good deal regardless (I know because I inquired when the car was for sale in CA). Tons of mods, nice rims, low miles on a 95 (made in 94 >> no crankwalk) GSX. The cheapo paintjob was what turned me away.

Bad ass job dude, looks like a whole different car.

The new wheels are very...odd, the way the inside rim is polished, but the outside is not. I like 'em.

The car is nice, I like the new clean/stock look instead of the old F&F look.

:thumb:

-Dustin

Originally posted by Airpoppoff
Definetely Worth the while man, I should do this about my car too its been through the same shit yours has.

Anyways, i never knew but what kind of rims are those? and what did you do with the torra's?

And another thing, what is your name, you never put it in your sig and i really cant say hey "redturboeclipse" every time you post :thumb:

my name is eugene.. i usually go by "EuGeNiLe" on every other forum i post at.. even where i am a moderator at.. larryd's site (newcelica.org).. i think i deserve a name change.. luda said it wouldnt be fair to others.. but man ive been here pretty long.. and im from where he is at.. the bay.. so dont u think i deserve it? and all the stuff ive gone through with my car.. aye matt? why dont u make me a thread titled: "change RedTurboEclipse's name"

and thanks for the comments.. u know how it is to do the conversion.. i couldnt just get stock oem black pieces cause the car wasnt original paint to begin with.. so that sucked.. the rims are called Rev Model 11.. the Toora's i sold to my friend here locally.. all 4 tires were bald.. so i said fugk it and got new rims as well..

Originally posted by iisbernhard
looks tight as hell man...but one question...why did u buy it with the expensive rims and body kit when you were just ognna changeit back to stock? did u get a really good deal that way or somethin?

cause it was a 95 gsx clean title with only 65k miles for 9k with some mods? i wanted one with low miles.. and seeing as its hard to fidn one with low miles.. the body kit and rims were the least of my worries..

and i got the 97-99 pieces for free trading the old body kit..

a lot of stuff ive done was done through deals and trades..

Originally posted by DSMJim
So you bought a car with expensive rims and a descent body kit which means it probablly was more expensvie. Then you converted it back to a stock car and bought different rims?

i couldnt find a 97-99 GSX with 65k miles for under 10k.. and the fact i wanted either only black or white.. no tan interior.. the body kit pieces i got for free for trading for my old one.. after all the work im sure it came out to about how much a 97 with 70k+ miles would cost.. but thats pretty hard to find around here.. but i stil have an early build date 2g (94) which some people believe have less chance of cwalk then the others.. better paint as u can see than oem black.. and to have people in disbeliefe that its a 95 with that low miles and it looks so sweet..

and no. i didnt thinkt he body kit was decent.. expensive rims or not.. not my style.. i had a 98 gs-t.. i fell in love with that look on 2gs.. and nothing else.. and i swore wen i got a gsx.. it would look like that..

and what do u know.. ;)

Originally posted by Eclipsed
Thats awesome man. Kindof original if you think about it. He went from a lot of show....to stock. And it looks 30 times better. Good work man. These cars need more owners like you.

thank you!

all i gotta say was.. it wasnt easy.. and its not cheap

those thinking its so easy to do a conversion.. its not.. esp wen the car originally didnt have oem paint.. its even more of a b!tch seeing as uc ant just get the color from another car..

krustindumm: thanks.. thats why i got em.. i was going to get subzeros or rs limited.. black polished lip.. those wer emy number one choices. then i ran into these.. the picture of the rim itself was a toss up if it would look good or not on the car.. but i took a chance. and its a chance im glad i took. it was original.. and it looks great on the car.. esp in person. inner polished lip.. no one has these.. at least not that ive seen.. esp on a 2g dsm.. except now mine. :) everybody has subzeros and rs limited.. excel kings, RH copies.. and i wanted to be different. and thats wat i did

al5dsm: good eyes.. the turbo spoiler sits back an inch and half further back.. why? cause body shop use existing holes from the low spoiler.. looks good still nonetheless dont u think?

to everybody else.. thank you again..

i just want to be featured member one time here.. and im done.. and also change my damn name!

edit:

Originally posted by chrysler kid
your gsx is red. maybe if you painted it the stock color it ould be :dsm:

Wat u talkin bout? it wasnt red wen i got it.. just had shitty black paint.. and i didnt want another red car.. so ur saying if i painted it stock color it could be ? im confused.. and the engine bay and that back part has all been painted black also..

It looks like the whole back end behind the bumper and taillights is red in one of those pics. Was that thing in a rear end collision before you bought it and had some body work done replacing that back piece? Just wondering. Your car looks nice. The wheels are a nice touch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back