The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Special Edition Eclipse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoasT BeeF

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 7, 2002
Loveland, Colorado
I was in town yesterday when a 99 GSX rolled up next to me at a light. The thing was totaly stock because behind the wheel and in the passenger seat were 2 grandma's. hehe Anyway I looked at the side of the car and right above and to the left of the passenger wheel there was a gold sitcker that said "Specail 10th Anniversary Edition." I was like WTF? Alright I am guessing that its the 10th anniversary obviously because 89-99 is 10 years but I didnt think Mitsu actually stamped some of the 99's with a sticker. And if so what is so "special" about it....like what features did it have that would make it sooo special? LOL

16" OZ F1 Wheels, I'm pretty sure that's the only thing special about it.

Originally posted by RoasT BeeF
The back read "GSX" and it had the turbo wing and all...

all 10th editions have the big turbo wing and the 16" oz wheels. i'm still guessing you misread the label.

I believe you Beef, but I don't know. You were driving around and you didn't come to my house or call me? :cry: It's okay, I'll get over it. What color was the car? I think I might have seen it before. :talon:

It could have been something the Dealer added. Dealers do all kinds of stupid crap to make an extra buck sometimes.

Originally posted by Venum
I believe you Beef, but I don't know. You were driving around and you didn't come to my house or call me? :cry: It's okay, I'll get over it. What color was the car? I think I might have seen it before. :talon:

OH ####!

I totaly forgot man! #### #### #### my bad. What are you doin next weekend or whenever? Damn it just snowed otherwise I would come over tomorrow LOL. PM me man sorry I totaly spaced that shit!!!!

#### I cant believe I forgot.

Originally posted by big green
99 OZ edition. Looks just like a GSX but its a GS.

You're confusing this with the Lancer. Lancer has an OZ Rally version, Eclipse has a 10th Anniversary version. Both have OZ wheels but only one has OZ is the version name.

How can you still debate this? Read my first post in this thread, case closed. It also has the turbo spoiler. I know this b/c I tried to buy one of these things off ebay.

Case closed

The '99 model year had a special 10th aniversary edition that had nice 16" OZ wheels, silver face gauges, and a turbo spoiler. I believe they also had clear front corner lights.

Originally posted by herostar
I believe they also had clear front corner lights.

I believe they did not.

Ok I have the 10th anniversay edition Eclipse... Or Oz edition which what ever you want to call it. Anyways here's what makes them so special (isn't much :cry:) and sets them apart from the other Eclipses of that year...

-Silver Face Gauges (like some of the 99gsx/gst's have)
-Black Leather with black interior (again like some 99gsx/gst's)
-Chrome Exhaust Tip
-Turbo Spolier
-Oz Wheels
-All also came fully loaded with power everything (except seats) and a moon roof.

Also I think they also come with a 10 disc CD changer at least mine did and it even has the Mitsubishi symbol on the CD Changer so I believe it's OEM.

That's it...

LOL OK then either grandma added an X on the end of it or my brain added it and fooled my eyes.....its cool I usually only see what I want to see.

Why did they only make the special editions the N/T's? Sounds pretty dumb to not make the top of the line model (GSX) the special editions. Maybe cuz they didnt know what to change on the GSX and saw that they could make the GS look better with parts they already had like the turbo wing LOL

Maybe cuz they didnt know what to change on the GSX and saw that they could make the GS look better with parts they already had like the turbo wing LOL

The turbo wing was always available for the GS.

Why did they only make the special editions the N/T's? Sounds pretty dumb to not make the top of the line model (GSX) the special editions.

agreed. does anyone know if there was a fifth anniversary by any chance? if there was, then perhaps we could hope for a 15th anniversary? :crosses-fingers: i doubt it too, but it would be neat.

Originally posted by ShadowEclipse
So this would be an anniversary edition? I was kind of excited cause I thought I'd found a GSX, but after reading this thread I doubt it is now.

'99 Eclipse On Autotrader
its a auto anyways (that link of urs)

*RIMS* *nicer looker exhaust tip* some interior stuff... but it is a GS not a turbo awd

Originally posted by ShadowEclipse
So this would be an anniversary edition? I was kind of excited cause I thought I'd found a GSX, but after reading this thread I doubt it is now.

'99 Eclipse On Autotrader

Yes that's a special edition GS. It's not a GSX. You can tell by the wheels. the special edition Eclipses were only non turbo and came with these wheels:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back