The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

random no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92_6bolt_1290

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 2, 2010
Jenison, Michigan
Ok, i've been through a ton of "no start" threads and still haven't quite figured out whats going on with my 92 GSX. On random occasions it will decide it doesn't want to start. The fuel pump will kick on, starter will crank, and the check engine light will come on for its usual 5 seconds but my injectors will not pulse. The ignition side of things seems to be good because I get spark and I have a good tach signal. I have been through half of the wires going to/from the ecu checking for voltage and I seem to be getting battery voltage where it needs to be. I have checked the injectors with a noid light so i know they aren't pulsing but when the car does run my noid light doesn't light up as well as it did before the problem started occurring. I also checked the resistor box and get 6.2 ohms for each injector which "seems" good but i'm not gonna rule out the resistor box. Is it possible that I could have an issue with the hacked 2g maf maybe or even a false reading from the coolant temp sensor because when it does cold start it runs very lean and until its warm it will randomly act like it wants to stall from lack of fuel. But once its warm everything will be fine, and if i shut it off it will start right back up. Also, like I said, the problem is totally random, sometimes it will cold start. I will be venturing to the local u-wrench-it today to pick up a non-hacked 2g style maf to see it my issue lies in that. And yes, I do understand open loop and closed loop, thats why I'm going after the MAF first because it and the temp sensor are the only readings the ecu looks at until the engine is warmed up. But any possible insight would be great, thanks.

ok, not that anyone seems to be any help but I shall call this one solved, and i'm sending my not so great ECU into ECM tuning to get tested, repaired, EPROM converted and DSM link V3...every sensor has been tested by my fluke multimeter or replaced with another known good sensor just to double check. thank you 1G DSMs for having such intermittent ECU issues. at least it lasted 19 years and 7 months.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back