The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Palm Pilot, MMCD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boost92awd

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2008
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Alright I'm trying to sync MMCD on to my palm pilot. I'v done it before, but that was over a year ago and the battery died on my palm so I need to reinstall the MMCD software.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get it to sync to my palm. It keeps giving me this message : The connection between your handheld and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again. I'v tried switching the cable around a few ways and still get that message. I'v tried all the ways to hook the cable up and still no luck.

I'v synced files to this palm before with this same cable, but like I said that was over a year ago and dont remember exactly what I did. Any help would be appreciated.

The Palm is a M505

1. go to start
2. programs
3. go to palm desktop
4. go to hot sync manager
5. start palm desk top
6. go to hot sync tab
7. go to set up
8. general - always available
9. under local: - speed, as fast as possible. - serial port com. 1
* check hot sync icon in toolbar, check local serial.

that should get it working.

Are you using the base/charger to sync? Check for a green dot on the bottom. Some (really) old ones had a problem where static electricity built up in them and caused them to short internally and die. They even had a free replacement offer for them (long over though).

If you can't get the connection to sync', then shut down HotSync Manager and restart it. It'll detect the cable and should sync' now.

To shut down the sync feature click on the hotsync icon in your toolbar. Go to the Palm program in your "All Programs" on the start menu and click HotSync Manager to restart.

Also make sure you have the appropriate type of cable "check marked" in the Hotsync Manager. I couldn't figure mine out for a while as I connect using a USB adapter to the serial plug on the cradle and I had the same problem.

Are you syncing straight to the computer serial or using a serial to usb adapter? I had trouble syncing to work computers for awhile and my laptop only has usb. I picked up an adapter and couldn't get it to sync until I chose 'serial' in hotsync manager and com3. It pops up a message about "com6 not currently available" though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

• For sale 1g 1G FWD Eagle Talon
    New reman turbo and manifold to muffler exhaust
    • Skidmarks
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1G JEFF BUSH BILLET CONVERTER KIT
    Complete 1G JB Billet converter kit, Was recently re-freshen / inspected at pro torque and...
    • Evil_Panda
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g Fuel sending unit
    2G AWD fuel sending unitsBoth in good conditionThe sending unit with stealth 340 fuel pump...
    • Dsm_canadian_mike
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1g 1991 talon tsi awd partout
    Hi guys the time has come to part out my long time project car. Lack of time and a rotting frame...
    • 91tsi_awd
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 6 bolt kiggly flexplate
    Kiggly racing 6 bolt flex plate in good condition. Comes with bolts and shim plate. $80 shipped
    • MichaelSuch
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back