The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

oil squirters, keep 'em or lose 'em?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneGeeAWD

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 21, 2004
Bridgewater, New_Jersey
im going to begin building my 6 bolt shortly but ive heard mixed reviews on keeping them in there. i know their good because they keep the pistons cooler but will i need them with my ross/eagle setup? if there is anyone out there running a built motor without them let me know if you are having any problems, etc with it. thanks guys!!

KEEP THEM....

I am actually adding them to a V8 that will be TT'd and it never had any in any application of the engine block..

basic rule is if you are using pistons that need them then keep them if the pistons dont need them then its OK to lose them

so take them out

if you have a built motor chance's are you dont' need them if you have a stock motor there is no reason to get rid of them that i have heard some people thing the 2g's oil squirter cause crank walk.....wasn't there a very long thread on this very topic

found it

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162862&highlight=oil+squirts

you could be amazed at what searching does for your

Last edited by a moderator:
you have a extra safety, longevity and durablility system built in that costs nothing in HP to operate and you want to remove it?

Ok what ever.....

The only sq I would block are 7 bolt then I would drill and tap for 2gs....

I am using diesel squirters on the LS1....

I have read many top notch highpower tech books. Even in how to tune and modify engine management systems the author recomends that any super duty (high specific output) engine have oil squirters...

The sh6t works... We never got the pull type pressure plate like the EVO's but we got the squirters.. If it was a corner they did'nt cut it must work.... Alot more ppl than :dsm: are saying they are a very good thing to have.

MNGSX said:
The only sq I would block are 7 bolt then I would drill and tap for 2gs....

What does that mean? I don't follow, blocking then drill and tap when 2g=7bolt?

I understand what Magnus' theory is on CW, and that blocking them is a good idea on a built 7-bolt with aftermarket pistons that don't require squirters to raise oil pressure to other areas.

OneGeeAWD said:
im going to begin building my 6 bolt shortly but ive heard mixed reviews on keeping them in there. i know their good because they keep the pistons cooler but will i need them with my ross/eagle setup? if there is anyone out there running a built motor without them let me know if you are having any problems, etc with it. thanks guys!!
I've seen a few threads on this in the Cylinder Head & Short Block forum that have some good info. Read up:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1210459

In fact, this isn't a Bolt-On discussion, so I'll move it to the CH & SB forum.

i have ross froged pistons and eagle rods in my 2.3 stoker turbo 6bolt motor. and i had the squirters removed.. you dont need them if your runing after market forged pistons, these pistons disapate heat much better then the stockers. i asked this ame question on here a couple months ago. there are many guys that run NO squirters..all they are doing is letting out oil presure where it isnt needed. run aftermarket forged pistons, remove the squirters, and gain some oil presure.. you dont need them. .doesnt matter if its a daily driver or just race car....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

• For sale 1g 1G FWD Eagle Talon
    New reman turbo and manifold to muffler exhaust
    • Skidmarks
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1G JEFF BUSH BILLET CONVERTER KIT
    Complete 1G JB Billet converter kit, Was recently re-freshen / inspected at pro torque and...
    • Evil_Panda
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g Fuel sending unit
    2G AWD fuel sending unitsBoth in good conditionThe sending unit with stealth 340 fuel pump...
    • Dsm_canadian_mike
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1g 1991 talon tsi awd partout
    Hi guys the time has come to part out my long time project car. Lack of time and a rotting frame...
    • 91tsi_awd
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 6 bolt kiggly flexplate
    Kiggly racing 6 bolt flex plate in good condition. Comes with bolts and shim plate. $80 shipped
    • MichaelSuch
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back