The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

More megasquirt wiring questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cntrl3Mass

Probationary Member
Feb 25, 2007
petersham, Massachusetts
I Have a megasquirt ecu, from symtech made for the 4g63 with wiring harness and a 1st and 2nd gen wiring harness and do not want to use the dsm ecu at all

Here is a diagram of how to wire it
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

pretty straight froward
however i feel there is something missing.
there is only one wire going to some of the sensers when they actually have 2 or 3 wires coming out of them, for instance the tps
most sensers work with a voltage a signal and a ground

do i have to ground them all separately or somthing along those lines

ive search but have com up sort
i really want to get this thing idling by the end of the weekend help would be loved!!!!

6 bolt 2g with 1g cas

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
If this is your first install, do your self a favor and do not start from scratch. I have installed MS in 5 vehicles, and do it the same each time.

-hook up sensors (rpm, clt and IAT, maybe tps), run engine on stock ecu to verify
-switch fuel over to ms, run ign with stock ecu
-take over ign and start tuning

By making one change at a time it is possible to chase problems, if you do everything at once it is not. It may seem like it will take too long to keep going back and forth, but in the long run it saves headaches.

You will need to run grounds on the clt, iat, tps, ect. You can find one terminal temp sensors that ground through the sensor body, but they are not recommended. Ground all sensors and the MS at the same location on the engine block.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

• For sale 1g parts clear out
    kick panels 50 1ga passenger splash guard $50 1ga non turbo or 1gb ? passenger splash guard $40...
    • Syclone#334
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale Hallman
    Used working mbc
    • 92AWDHX40
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 4G63 1g 1992 eclipse 7 bolt turbo kit
    Im having trouble finding parts to turbo my n/a since I'm in Europ, if anyone from the US or...
    • Xtalex
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1g 1G AWD Fuel Filler Neck
    1G AWD Fuel Filler Neck $95 + shipping and PayPal fees* in great shape including the 90 degree...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2G Manual Shifter Cables
    2G Manual Shifter Cables $90 + shipping and paypal feesYou must be registered to see...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back