The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

2G 2GNT manual to automatic power windows and locks conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95eclispe

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 31, 2011
Brooklyn, New_York
Has anyone switched their 2g from manual to power? What would i need to complete this project besides two doors off of an automatic? i have a spot where the relay would go if it was power i guess if i wanted the option. Has anyone done this? is it worth the money and hassle converting it or should i just stay with manual?

I havent heard of it that way. Ive heard of it the otherway around tho. Youre gonna need the wiring harness that goes into the doors and hooks up under the dash but im unsure if you will have an option for it to even plug in. You shouldnt need new doors (might be easier that way) but just all the stuff thats in the power doors like, window control, mindow motor and guides, lock assemblies, and while your at it if you can find all that stuff you should just switch over to power mirrors as well as the harness for every thing else includes the power mirror wires.

yea well on my fuse box i have the power locks and window option where i used to keep my spare fuse. just thought it might be easier if i get a whole new door since everything is already built into the door and just wire in the relay to work with the fuse.... just wanted to know if anyone has attempted this yet or has done it and see if its as easy as it sounds or not and costly...( i can pull two doors off one at the local junkyard for 100$) its just the labor im worried about

But where you stored the spare fuse, if you look inside where they plug in is there actually prongs in there? Because they mass produse thos fuse boxes but when they have a car with no power windows they might not even put prongs on the back side.

Some cars come with all of the electrical under the dash, and all you need to do is swap the doors. Others don't come with any wiring for them, then you have to tear out the dash and replace the passenger compartment harness. Huge PITA, but it certainly can be done. I just might be cheaper to have a stealership do it, when you factor in time and whatnot.

Not sure about the 2g's but i have done it in a 1g. I kept my doors tho in the 1g's the window motor holes are pre drilled in the door. I just put the electric motors in and connected the doors wiring harness to the connectors behind the kick panels. look and see if the 2g's have the plug ins, if so then its plug-n-play. Lol

All 2gs came with the wiring and plugs but some of them didn't came with the door wiring (manual doors).

You don't need to swap the complete doors, just get the door harness and panels for the door with the switches, This swap is the same swap as the 2g's that came with out factory alarm, they have all the wiring but except the Main brain and ether the relays, but the wiring is there with all connectors.

You don't need to do any wiring under the dash, is all there from factory, you can even see your cluster with a factory alarm light, it came on all 2gs from factory, so all wiring is there, It's like plug and play.

I did it to my car and (except power locks) but everything is plug and play once you get it. You will need the panels switches wire harness window motors and tracks also the power locks which I didn't do. I spent some time looking around at people doing full part outs and was able to get it done for around 200. A lot for power windows! But is it worth it? IMO hell yes!!!

Also new doors are not needed everything bolts up to you RS door. You can also add power mirrors too!

Last edited:
Currently have manual windows and manual locks. I got a good deal on a interior parts of a 98 eagle talon TSI so i have the door panels. But to do this swap for auto windows and auto locks i will need to get wire harness, window motor for the window and what would i need to get for the power locks? i would be keeping the same door just swapping parts. :hellyeah:

Currently have manual windows and manual locks. I got a good deal on a interior parts of a 98 eagle talon TSI so i have the door panels. But to do this swap for auto windows and auto locks i will need to get wire harness, window motor for the window and what would i need to get for the power locks? i would be keeping the same door just swapping parts. :hellyeah:

Don't forget the relays!

There is a relay for the windows and one for the doors as well. The door relay is awesome, it runs about 80 dollars and is special order at most auto parts stores, my gut still hurts from having to purchase an 80 dollar piece of plastic and wait 2 weeks to get it.

so i got my power window bracket in my door and i just took out my old door wire harness that had the speaker wire in it. So my speaker wire ran through the rubber boot and straight into the female end of the plug. And i look at my knew door wire harness and the speaker wire goes right into the male end. So i was wondering how do i take the speaker wire out so i can plug in my new wire harness.???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

• For sale 2g oem talon 16" wheels
    here I have a clean set of 2g talon wheels for sale I have no use for them and they just are...
    • lunaTuna
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g DSMlink V3
    comes with cable too!
    • fallen_blacklist
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3" Recirc O2 Housing
    DETAILS Older punishment (I think) recirculated O2 housing. Sensor threads are in good shape...
    • 8716valver
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 Injectors
    -1050cc injector FIC Low **GONE**-1680cc light blue injectors Bosch low $120 #280150842 on...
    • Dsm_canadian_mike
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g mass air with K&N adapter and 1g wiring plug
    2g mass air. K&N mass air adapter. 2g to 1g adapter plug. Good condition.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
Back