The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G JMF coil pack relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

From the JMF Website for clarity:

Product Description

A must have when installing an aftermarket intake manifold. Most sheetmetal intake manifolds on the market today do not have mounting points for the stock coils so we have come up with a simple solution to that. CNC laser cut from 1/8" thick aluminum, this bracket mounts on the backside of your 6 or 7 bolt block. It is designed to work with the 1G and 2G DSM coilpacks. Also included on the bracket are a few extra holes to mount the ignitor and other various sensors.

Please note that your AC must be removed for this bracket to work. You will need to supply your own hardware to bolt the actual coils to the bracket. This bracket will work with most aftermarket intake manifolds but is not compatible with the OEM intake manifold. It does work well with the older Jay Racing alternator relocation kits however the new revision may require slight modification to the coil pack bracket.

INSTALL TIP: 2G owners use 1G wires for some extra length.

Cheapest route (and works well enough for guys who are making 500+) are the NGK (stock) wires: https://jnztuning.com/product/ngk-spark-plug-wires-1990-1994/

Hope this helps!

I have a 6 bolt swap in my 2g and I'm using the factory 2g wires with the relocation bracket for the coil pack. I also have the JMF Street Intake Manifold.

Quick question: is there a write up anywhere about using this bracket and the alternator relocation? I plan on doing the alternator relocation, and have been running this coil bracket literally since it came out LOL

@bigfred You were able to use the stock 2g wires to reach, just want to make sure I dont need to order anything else with this bracket, Im okay with getting 1g wires but i already have a 2g so if there's no need id rather not.

Yeah the MSD wires I have fit fine with the relocation kit for the coil pack with a JMF Intake Manifold. Here is where I have mine installed and there is plenty of room on top of the valve cover.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back