The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Heater Core Removal / Dashboard Removal

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digitalasylum7

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2005
brooklyn, New_York
Last edited:
Just start upbolting. Its not too difficult, just time consuming and a pain.
Start by removing:
Seats
Kick panels
Center console
Glove box
Radio
Use a screw driver to pull the dash tweeter covers out, there are bolts hiding under them.
Then get under the dash and start searching for bolts
When you get to the point of removing it from the car, do not pull the steering wheel, there are 2 bolts that hold it up. Un bolt them and the steering wheel will pivoit toward the floor enough for you to wiggle the dash out.

It is by no means a fun job. But its not too difficult, just time consuming and you will find yourself in some uncomfortable positions.

Once the dash is out, everthing is pretty self explanitory from there. Also, remember to put all the HVAC pieces back in. I bolted the dash back in when I realized I forgot to put one of the HVAC diverters back in. Needless to say, it never made it's way back in.

it just like everyone said, its not that hard to do but if its your first time, its going to take a while. My first time doing it took me 8 hrs, after that, it can be done in less than 2 hr, could be less depending if you got some help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back