The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Greddy electronic boost controller help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tek9

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 18, 2006
alexandria, Kentucky
I think a screw fell out which is causing me not to build past 1-2lbs of boost if ANY..
if anyone has one of these boost controllers and can help it would be greatly appreciated.. i am posting a pic so u can see what im talking about, you can see the white thread tape, but the screw is gone, just wanna make sure one goes there.. i thought maybe my tial wastegate was stuck open or closed but when i push the wastegate in, i can hear air sucking in through that screw hole.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Since there is a boost leak, i would suggest you remove that MBC and run the hose from the turbo compressor housing to the wastegate for the meantime till you can find yourself a replacement screw or a new MBC.

Since there is a boost leak, i would suggest you remove that MBC and run the hose from the turbo compressor housing to the wastegate for the meantime till you can find yourself a replacement screw or a new MBC.

that wont hurt anything? thats the soilenoid for the greddy electronic boost controller.. if i bypass that what is going to control the boost level?

Your wastegate it just needs a signal(vac) from your boost source, trust him he's right, you'll run around 12 psi.

alright, anyone know where to get a replacement screw/bolt for the greddy electronic boost controllers? i have tried googling it, but no luck :/

Assuming you're on your stock turbo, t25, you will run around 10-12 psi, depending on the condition of your turbo and the temps.
Nothing will be affected, the turbo itself isn't strong enough to control anything over 12 psi steadily. You will be fine.

Assuming you're on your stock turbo, t25, you will run around 10-12 psi, depending on the condition of your turbo and the temps.
Nothing will be affected, the turbo itself isn't strong enough to control anything over 12 psi steadily. You will be fine.

im not running a stock turbo, its a garret turbo much bigger

gt30r, 35r specifics will really help us help you.
Anyway, have you checked the greddy website or called their help line?

I sent there support an email, as for the turbo, this may sound retarded but where can i see which turbo it is? all i see is garrett

GARRETT Turbocharger (N1 type)
0.60A/R Compressor Housing
62 Trim Compressor Wheel (35lbs/min)
0.64 A/R Turbine Housing
79 Trim Turbine Wheel
Rated 350hp -400hp each Turbo
So yah i would say you will be o.k hooking it straight up to boost source. This turbo came out of a skyline and it acutally maybe be ball bearing if it's out of an r34 skyline. The product # on the turbo will tell you which skyline it's from
R32: 14411-06U00 (Nismo)
R33: 14411-24U10 (N1)
R34: 14411-AA401 (N1)

GARRETT Turbocharger (N1 type)
0.60A/R Compressor Housing
62 Trim Compressor Wheel (35lbs/min)
0.64 A/R Turbine Housing
79 Trim Turbine Wheel
Rated 350hp -400hp each Turbo
So yah i would say you will be o.k hooking it straight up to boost source. This turbo came out of a skyline and it acutally maybe be ball bearing if it's out of an r34 skyline. The product # on the turbo will tell you which skyline it's from
R32: 14411-06U00 (Nismo)
R33: 14411-24U10 (N1)
R34: 14411-AA401 (N1)

Thank you ! I'll give it a shot

any ideas on where i can get that screw/bolt at?

Which Greddy EBC are you running? I'm running a Greddy PRofec B spec 2, And nothing go's in the empty hole on the boost control solinoid. I'm assuming from from your installation pitures that you're running an external wastegate. Boost pressure comes in the NC (normally closed) port, and the wastegate is hooked up to the COM port on the control solinoid. The extra port is the N.O. (normally open) port, and is used to exhaust pressure as the solinoid is cycled. One port has to be open for this solinoid to work. Boost pressure is controled through verying the duty cycle of the solinoid and thus how much pressure is applied to the wastgate. I think you might have the hose swapped on the solinoid so that the boost signal is coming in through the COM port and exhausting through the N.O. port before it can build any pressure to act on the wastegate. Try swapping the vacuum lines on the solinoid and see if it works correctly. Here's a picture of the of solinoid on my car. (note, I run an internal wastegate, so the I use the COM and N.O. ports on the solinoid.)
Hope this helps.:)

Installation Intructions
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

Which Greddy EBC are you running? I'm running a Greddy PRofec B spec 2, And nothing go's in the empty hole on the boost control solinoid. I'm assuming from from your installation pitures that you're running an external wastegate. Boost pressure comes in the NC (normally closed) port, and the wastegate is hooked up to the COM port on the control solinoid. The extra port is the N.O. (normally open) port, and is used to exhaust pressure as the solinoid is cycled. One port has to be open for this solinoid to work. Boost pressure is controled through verying the duty cycle of the solinoid and thus how much pressure is applied to the wastgate. I think you might have the hose swapped on the solinoid so that the boost signal is coming in through the COM port and exhausting through the N.O. port before it can build any pressure to act on the wastegate. Try swapping the vacuum lines on the solinoid and see if it works correctly. Here's a picture of the of solinoid on my car. (note, I run an internal wastegate, so the I use the COM and N.O. ports on the solinoid.)
Hope this helps.:)

Installation Intructions

i see what your saying, but it was all working fine the way it was before, i know it didnt get switched around ### i didnt take it off :p if that part is supposed to be empty im lost, when i push on the wastegate flapper i can hear it sucking in air at that solenoid, if i put my finger over it it goes away..

Attachments

that also looks like a different solenoid mine is a profec b not a 2

that also looks like a different solenoid mine is a profec b not a 2
Same solinoid. Those brass fittings will unthread and thread into the other ports on the solinoid. They are all pipe thread. I use different ports on my solinoid because I run an internal wastegate. Do you have an updated solinoid on your boost controler, because it looks completely different from the one shown in Greddy's instuctions for the Profec b (original)? Here's a picture to show the open port on my solinoid..

PRofec B Installation instructions

Attachments

Same solinoid. Those brass fittings will unthread and thread into the other ports on the solinoid. They are all pipe thread. I use different ports on my solinoid because I run an internal wastegate. Do you have an updated solinoid on your boost controler, because it looks completely different from the one shown in Greddy's instuctions for the Profec b (original)? Here's a picture to show the open port on my solinoid..

PRofec B Installation instructions

ah my bad, that is the same one.. so the screw in mine is really supposed to not be there? i dont ever remember it being like that :X

Attachments

If that mbc is hooked up to the compressor side then it definatly needs a screw in there or it's just a massive boost leak. Check to see what thread pitch it is, looks almost like you could find a set screw with fine pitch. Put a notch in it and good to go.

I bet you it's a giant boost leak. plug it off and see if you build boost.

it is.. you can hear it, im trying to find a replacement screw, just cannot find one, looking for suggestions..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

• Wanted 2g Rebuilt driveshaft
    Looking for a rebuilt or low mileage known good driveshaft
    • Cesar Corona
    • Updated:
  • For sale 6 bolt block
    6 bolt block, never been bored or decked.Block has been wrapped in plastic in the garage for...
    • steve-o_95_GST
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g power steering AN line / relocation kit
    This is a kit I put together to reroute and relocate my 2g power steering lines.Kit includes...
    • steve-o_95_GST
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g refurbished power steering pump
    2g power steering pump.The pump was taken apart, cleaned and put back together with a new...
    • steve-o_95_GST
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale Moog K9617 1G front lower ball joint
    4 new Moog K9617 greaseable ball joint. The application is the 1g front lower ball jointHave...
    • steve-o_95_GST
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back