The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Changed to FIC 850s, now my AirflowPerRev is too high

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patman

5+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2017
Budapest, Europe
Hi guys!

I changed my stock GS-t injectors to FIC 850s, and set my fuel settings based on ECMWiki (Global: -47,1%, deadtime: 330µsec), then started the car up. The WBFactor was off the charts, so I started adjusting my MafComp table to that, and then went for a short drive to line up the lower hertz region. I only realized after, that my AirflowPerRev went up too on idling (now it at .36).

So the issue is, that when I lower the 50 Hz region at the MAFComp table, then the WBfactor goes high, but If I line up the WBfactor, then the AirflowPerRev is too high. (I attached a log where I am gradually lowering the MAFcomp while idling, and you can see the WBFactor reaches ~+45% when I can finally see .25-26 Airflow which is still a bit too high. I tried the same with adjusting the deadtimes, (I went from 250 all the way to 500, but i couldn't lower the AirflowPerRev with that too much). What else should I look out for? Is there something else I need to start to adjust, so I can have both good at the same time?

Btw.: I have a Stock MAF, Stock Engine (with Evo 8 pistons), Stock turbo. I had the AirFlow at .24-25 before the FIC 850s, that's the only thing that changed.

Thanks for the help in advance!!

Attachments

• log.2024.05.06-01.elg
    99.6 KB · Views: 11
Why didn't you adjust the Injector Global and Deadtimes before changing the MAFComp. It's not like you changed the MAF which I assume was working fine before?

The numbers in the Wiki are starting points.

It was set up well before. Do you think I should go back to the earlier MafComp table, and start changing the global and deadtimes? I thought those were the more strict (especially the global)

You still might need a tiny bit of mafcomp adjustments depending on your injector response at low (high hz) or high (low hz) pulse widths but you'll be far better off sticking with the current comp and adjusting your deadtimes and global.

Okay I'll go back to the previous MafComp setting and start working on my deadtimes and global. I will report back if I made progress, thank you for the help

I was playing with the numbers in the weekend. I set my MafComp to the previous settings, and started increasing the deadtime. I went all the way up with the deadtime to 700 µsec, and decreased the Global: -46,9% to get the AirflowPerRev to the desired 0.24-25. Now the idling is a bit rough when the engine is cold, but after warming up, everything is okay. I still need to log at higher speeds to see how my WBFactors looks there.

But anyways, thanks for the help! Turns out the deadtimes on ECMWiki are really just a starting point, I found my ideal settings at more the double the reccommended deadime.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back