The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Car bras????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCDGexx

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2003
Murrieta, California
I mean I don't get them? Why would anyone put them on any car except to hid a giant dent or something they are just ugly to me whats the point of them???

stone chips, and it easy alot easier to clean bug guts off of them than from the paint. To each there own.

Originally posted by Black91Talon
I understand if you lease a new car, but other than that, they look butt ass ugly
but so do big black marks, chip, bumps and dings

i would never put a bra on my DSM. it hides the natural beauty :dsm:

When I get my front bumper repainted (due to bugs and rock chips accumulated since 1996) later this summer I plan on purchasing a bra to put on my car.

That way when I get ready to go out and I want it to look nice, say if I want to go to a meet somewhere, or just have it look nice when I roll downtown when I go out, I can take it off and the front of my car won't look hideous..kinda like it does now. :(

Bugs SUCK :mad: LOL

When I bought my car, the bumper had love bug dammage so I sported a bra until I put my first aftermarket bumper on. I have my second bumper and my brand new paint job now! When I visit my mom, I have a 3 1/2 drive on the highway so I use the cheap $5 bug screens from Wal-Mart. A lot of crap flies up on the highway besides bugs......It's just smarter to prevent damage.

If I was gonna get a bra, I'd get one of the 3M clear film bras. They cover the front of the car with a film that protects the paint and is easy to clean.... and you don't end up with the nasty side effects of regular bras - like
  • trapped moisture underneath that damages the paint
  • paint fading around the bra to create a discolored look
  • the ugly ass bra look

I saw a white 350Z with a Bra on it yesterday, and I swear it looked like it was missing its front end from far away. what a waste!

i bought my car with a bra and obviously it wasnt used too much... dealers like to use it to hide stuff (yes, i DID look under it, no rust, but people are stoopid sometimes) my hood has a small dent from hitting a deer, i put the piece on the hood only and it doesnt look that bad compared to the whoooole thing

Putting a front-end bra on your car is like leaving the plastic on your livingroom furniture. What lies beneath may look great, but its tacky, and what good is it if you can't enjoy it everyday.

Exactly Phat95Talon ... here in FL, we have these little annoying bugs called Love Bugs all they do is fly around and F**K!
Well when they hit your car they are filled with an acidic chemical and it destroys your paint! I use my bra for the 2 times a year they are out!

I'm considering picking up a bra for road trips; after a few thousand miles, you get a pretty good accumulation of bugs on the front of the car. It'd be nice, after the trip, to just pull off the bra and clean it, and viola, clean frontend.

I'd never drive around day-to-day like that, though.

I have one that I put on only for long trips, it doesn't look too bad, but I wouldn't keep it on all the time.

haha, you want a car bra? come look at my car at the shootout. the moron owner had one on before. when dirt and other small particles get under the bra, they act like sandpaper on your paint. it will eventually leave wear marks no matter how much u clean it (o nly really noticable on darker colors). damned if u do and damned if u dont! dont waste ur $ IMO

Many moons ago when i had a white 91 si lude, I put a bra on it and it looked sooooooooo much better.

The previous owner of my laser had one on it....I dont like the way it looked. Now my front is two different shades of blue. Blue and sunbleached.

my question is the cars "eyes" are in the front, and the 2ga models look like they got a BIG SMILE on so why do they call em BRAS when there on your cars FACE??? i meen shouldn't it be a MASK? im :confused:

My opinion here....i sure wish the S.O.B who had my car before me had one on. It looks as if he towed the thing behind a friggin dump truck on a gravel road. It is hideous. Amen sexxiericerchick! My car is half ass butt ugly - till i get it painted or buy a bumper and hood.
As far as the bra causing problems...it is true if you do not take it off and clean under it.
I do think they are ugly. But they can do worlds of good.....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

• Wanted 2g 2G turbo stock airbox and 1G BOV
    Hello I'm looking for a stock 2G tubro Air filter box (without MAF) and a 1G stock BOV. Is there...
    • mikyrc
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 1g 91-94 throttle body
    Hey guys I’m looking for a 91-94 throttlebody, specifically I just need the isc/fiav for my s90...
    • 1cleangsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1g full blown double pump hanger
    8an feed, 6an return. Comes with 2 340lph high pressure pumps with low run time that are good...
    • El_marto
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 2g Rebuilt driveshaft
    Looking for a rebuilt or low mileage known good driveshaft
    • Cesar Corona
    • Updated:
  • For sale 6 bolt block
    6 bolt block, never been bored or decked.Block has been wrapped in plastic in the garage for...
    • steve-o_95_GST
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back