The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder 98 Eclipse Spyder GST fuel tank replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone have any links to a reliable website where I can get a fuel tank for a 98 gst model eclipse? If not, does anyone have any strategies to get rust and debris out of the fuel tank?

Did some research on the subject:

From what I found, nobody makes a replacement specifically for 2gb

I saw the www.radiatorexpress.com link but they seem pretty questionable from googling.

Found this as well: https://www.carparts.com/fuel-tank?&vehicle[year]=1995&vehicle[make]=Mitsubishi&vehicle[model]=Eclipse&vehicle[submodel]=GST&vehicle[cylinders]=4&vehicle[liter]=2.0

Not sure if it's legit, but from a bit of googling it actually seems like a real place. It shows fitment to 97, not sure on differences between the years. Might need to get a different neck or something but you'd have to research this.

Best bet is to find a good donor tank from a car or to spend a bunch of time cleaning it out and then risk clogging something up anyways. You could try contacting some local shops that specialize in cleaning out tanks or rads or something that may be able to flush it somehow. Going to be a nightmare to properly clean unless you can find some sort of solvent that will destroy the junk inside but not the tank itself.

Other thing to think about, if it's a rusted hellhole inside, how good is the tank anyway? If it's really far gone, find a donor. IIIRC the spyder, gst and N/A share the same tank so should be an easy find vs awd. www.car-part.com probably has something as well. I searched for GS tanks and several showed up near me, they are tough to find at junkyards though cause they drill holes to drain the gas a lot of the time and ruin them.

Hope this helps. Best of luck, parts are getting tough to find!

Thank you so much, I’ve been looking for days and haven’t found anything. And honestly, not sure how good the tank is to keep anyway but if I can’t find one that I’d like to buy then I’ll just try and find someone who does flushing/cleaning services to try and freshen it up. Thank you a lot, very appreciated!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back