The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

6 Bolt Timing Kit Madness! (OEM Quality, Aftermarket Pricing!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSSA

Supporting Vendor
Jul 26, 2002
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
We've been slowly chipping away at finding quality solutions to Mitsubishi's ever-increasing pricing updates, and lack of availability. It was great being able to get a quality timing kit from Mitsu back in the 90's and just move forward with the job. No one even bothered to look at Gates, GMB, Topline, etc., as the failure rate was much higher than OEM, and the OEM parts were cheap and available.

Remember $70, OEM MD972052 water pumps? When they were last available (discontinued around 2018-2019 through Mitsu), MSRP had hit $245.12!!! We sold the last ones we had quickly enough, but even with how much we mark OEM parts down, they were still $185!!

We fought against selling things like Gates parts (in the 90's/early 2000's you would have been crucified on the forums/Talon Digest for even suggesting them), but when we had to sell a full 6-Bolt OEM timing belt kit (both belts, all pullies, hydraulic tensioner, water pump) at $600+ (now, if the pumps were still available, it'd be about $745), clearly we had to offer other alternatives and joined the crowd.

This never sat well with us, and we wanted to claw back towards the 90's/early 2000's. What we came up with was buying as many parts as we could from the manufacturers who supply/supplied Mitsubishi with the parts they'd load in their boxes, and started our "WhiteBox" line a few years back. We've slowly made more connections, found more sources, and did bulk purchasing.

Now, if you want all OEM (some, just not in the Mitsu boxes, but the SAME exact parts that Mitsubishi has been selling since Day One), we've got the full kit, with an Evo IX reinforced belt, down to $447.35 for a full 6-bolt timing job, including balance shafts and water pump.

So you say you don't need Balance Shaft Belt parts? You're now looking at $385.22.

Want to pay more for a Gates idler pulley? Sure. We can't imagine why, but you can select it.

Want to change to a Gates Racing Belt? Select it. Greddy Belt? HKS Belt? Ditto, ditto.

We'll always continue to try to improve our selection, but we've gotten it down to a point where we're proud enough of it to publicly post it up. https://jnztuning.com/product/timing-belt-kit-dsm-gvr4-6-bolt-build-your-own/

Thanks to all of our customers that have supported us for the last 20 years (and some of you over the last 26 when I was running Conicelli Mitsubishi's parts division)!

Last edited:
This is awesome! Vendors like you help keep our beloved DSMs on the road.

and some of you over the last 26 when I was running Conicelli Mitsubishi's parts division
I miss Conicelli Mitsu. That was my go-to for all my OEM parts back in the day. I still use them today for my Toyota parts.

Dam Josh.....I was ready for yet another post that ended up "NLA" or such. Thanks for trying to keep us all going. I always love doing my business with you! ❤️
Marty

Checking in to say that I remember ordering from the Conicelli Mitsubishi location.
DSMDan has always been a flashback when it shows up!

Dam Josh.....I was ready for yet another post that ended up "NLA" or such. Thanks for trying to keep us all going. I always love doing my business with you! ❤️
Marty
Ha! It's rare these days with how fast Mitsu is disco'ing parts and how they're maintaining their inventory, but I always dream of posting something worthwhile as opposed to my typical "bad news" posts. :-/

Josh do you remember Norman Mitsubishi?
Certainly!

They came to the scene a little after me and Tallahassee Mitsu jumped into the realm (I still don't know who was actually "first"), but they were a mainstay back in the day

25 (?) Years of service to the DSM Community!
Longer than that, bud. Going on about 27 now.

That said, "People, give it up for the man, the myth, the legend, Mr. Paul Coffey" coming back for a visit.

Long-time customers may remember him as the person at JNZ that they liked a LOT more than me.

I can't tell you how many people emailed me later saying "What happened to Paul? He was the best on the phone!".

Well, Paul is now at the forefront of Customer Service at one of (if not THE biggest/fastest growing) aftermarket distributors in the U.S..

Certainly!

They came to the scene a little after me and Tallahassee Mitsu jumped into the realm (I still don't know who was actually "first"), but they were a mainstay back in the day
It was more selfish for me. I wanted discounts. Their online sales blew up when I told them to stock certain parts so they were happy to discount my stuff. When they shut down they gave me all of their leftovers plus the sign off the building

DSMDan has always been a flashback when it shows up!

Ha! It's rare these days with how fast Mitsu is disco'ing parts and how they're maintaining their inventory, but I always dream of posting something worthwhile as opposed to my typical "bad news" posts. :-/

Certainly!

Longer than that, bud. Going on about 27 now.

That said, "People, give it up for the man, the myth, the legend, Mr. Paul Coffey" coming back for a visit.

Long-time customers may remember him as the person at JNZ that they liked a LOT more than me.

I can't tell you how many people emailed me later saying "What happened to Paul? He was the best on the phone!".

Well, Paul is now at the forefront of Customer Service at one of (if not THE biggest/fastest growing) aftermarket distributors in the U.S..
All from that fateful day calling you at Conicelli and saying I am having a car flat bedded, I need your home address……we had many good times in and out of the shop.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back