The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

2G 2G DSM Addict

Please Support Rix Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydawn

Probationary Member
Jul 10, 2024
California
Hi there, it's Emile. I've never been part of an online car community before, I came across this website and thought it was a cool idea to join.

Car enthusiast since I was a child, mostly self taught, I bought a 1997 Eclipse GS when I turned eighteen and I just can't seem to lose my attachment to it! Currently stored as I work on its flaws due to age catching up to it, the good news is there's no engine or transmission issues, no rust, no body damage.

Only exceptions are a minor idle issue (RPMs) and a nasty steering rack oil leak, and of course the usual aesthetic issues due to age, I'm working on it on my free time with abysmal patience.

So, nice to meet you, y'all! I'll be lurking and maybe engaging with the community, enjoying what I see already.

Welcome to the group and commuity!

Steering rack leak depending on locations could be a seal or pipe but best to clean it up and narrow it down. Possible tesr down maybe required depending on what you find.

Rpm issue might be an old vac line. If they have never been replaced look at doing so, test all gaskets for leaks also as anything like that wont help revs

Welcome to the group and commuity!

Steering rack leak depending on locations could be a seal or pipe but best to clean it up and narrow it down. Possible tesr down maybe required depending on what you find.

Rpm issue might be an old vac line. If they have never been replaced look at doing so, test all gaskets for leaks also as anything like that wont help revs
Hi, and thank you!

It's indeed a seal, I've already identified the issue but I'll be taking it off and refurbishing it anyways, I want the fix to last.

As for the RPMs, it's probably the vac line, already ruled out other issues, I just gotta find the time!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back