The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Wheel Color Choice (FD3S)

FD3S wheel color options

• Raw aluminum with clear coat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VHT Silver wheel paint w/clear coat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RipperXX

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2003
Royston, Georgia
So I have a set of RX-7 FD3S wheels that im going to refinish since some num nut spray painted them flat black with a rattle can. I have the paint stripped off using chemical strippers, which did decent to even remove the original finish down to bare raw aluminum. So now im faced with three options.

Clear coat the wheels leaving the raw aluminum finish, paint them silver, or im thinking a heavy metallic graphite w/clear over it.

The car is a 1990 TSi red/black i'll dig up a pic.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Everyone should know what FD3S wheels look like, I'll take a picture once there painted and or mounted on the car.

*Update*
Well, I didn't wait to see the poll results, I got impatient and sprayed them with VHT Graphite wheel paint, They have to cure 7 days before I can spray the clear on them, but since my wheel spacers came in and I just went out and bought some lugnuts.. Im real tempted to mount them even though it's dark outside LOL.

Last edited:
Well this is what I ended up with

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back