The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

What PSI to run on a stock turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halik

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
ann arbor, Michigan
I heard you can get 15-18 with the wastegate solenoid removed. How safe/smart is that? And about how much hp can i expect form that?

LOL, that would be a very dumb thing to do!Before the boost is turned up, you should consider just getting int,exh,uip bov (2g sucks), fuel mods...then run a little more if your not already from the mods...

Aslo the wastegate solenoid removing benefits nothing it you already have a boost controler.

I am going to go 14 PSI on the T25. Should be fine.

I am currently spiking at about 1.4 bar. But, it settles really quick and hold pretty well at 1.1-1.2 bar depending on the gear. The turbo is fine at 16psi. My O2 readings are still richer than #@%#@%#@%#@%, and my A/F readings are on the rich side as well.

Keep it around 14-16 and you will be fine.

What kind of boost can I run on a stock turbo in a 90 TSI 5-speed? I'm getting an intake, 2.5 mandrel bent turbo-back, and an UCIP.

Originally posted by jbillakdsm
What kind of boost can I run on a stock turbo in a 90 TSI 5-speed? I'm getting an intake, 2.5 mandrel bent turbo-back, and an UCIP.

On the stock injectors and fuel pump, you can run the 14b at 15psi and not have to worry. I mean these turbos arent pushing enough cfm to cause any damage. the only thing that would happen is your turbo will go.

if you have a datalogger runs some logs and check your knock count and timing after you have turned up the boost. You will see that it should be pretty close to the same as factory boost levels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back