The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Well I Sheared Off A Connector...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RallyEclipse98

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Well I sheared off a wiring connector going to my fan switch sensor or coolant tempt sensor (not sure which). It's the smaller of the two sensors that screw into the head under the thermostat housing. I did this because I was impatient and instead of un-clipping the connector, I left it on and unscrewed the sensor. I'm impatient I know....

Well I broke the wire right where it hooks into the connector. Now, should I splice in a new connector to the main wiring loom or... should I go to a junk yard and get a whole new wiring harness?

In this picture... can I easily unplug the wiring from the main harness (top arrow) or do I have to splice the sensor back in (bottom arrow)?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Notice this is for a 420a. The pic belongs to member jacobevan611. Thanks for reading my thread. Hopefully it makes sense.

That sensor is only to run the engine temp gauge in the dash. Go buy some connectors and put it back on. No big deal. They are easy to break off

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back