The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Want to run 11's next spring, current setup inside.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The E316G will be nearly maxed out to run less than 12.00 in a full weight 2G. There's a considerable difference in a 12.9 and 11.9 car. If you can get it down to 3000 lbs total with you in the seat you'll be more likely to make it happen. You'll still need good driving at 3000lbs. The AWD launch is something you might have to practice at a little.

Get the car lighter and i dont see why you couldnt run an 11.

HKS 264 cams and a 2100/2600 clutch and you should be good to go!

BC's are cheaper than most other cams BUT they need cam gears to be dialed in to achieve there maximum potential, AND they just plain suck and underperform under most conditions compared to EVERYONE elses products and in the end you pay more. There springs/retainer are a waste of money too.

This is laughable and advice that should be ignored. ROFL

OP, nothing wrong with BC cams. :thumb: Should fit your budget and perform great for your setup! :thumb: I run BC 280/280 installed STRAIGHT UP and they work great! :|

I remember when the BC cams first came out and they were great; now it's apparently the "in" thing to hate on them. :rolleyes: BC 272's straight up and 8000 rpm have been working good for me. :thumb:

twinsnails said:
I will be running 93 octane which is pump gas here

:confused:

I'm going to step out here and say that's not the best route to take trying to hit 11's on a nearly full weight 2g with an evo III 16g. If you're going to be using 93 octane pump gas I highly suggest you look into water/methanol injection in the very least.

I wish you the best of luck on your quest bro. Tips I'd give are the one's that were already mentioned. On track day I'd take EVERYTHING out of the trunk and remove the back seats. Run on 1/4 tank of gass and practice launching/shifting. Also running e85 alows for more boost and lest knock. Do some searching on that. 1000cc injectors should net you your goals with a good tune.

For everyone that is doubting him, Devin Schultz ran a 10 sec quarter mile on a E316g so why can't this fellow run 11's? It is very doable...there are even people running 11's on 14b's! Remember it's not always the size of the turbo, but the driver and the tune. Good luck again bro and post results once you begin your quest!!!!

I too am looking to run 11's on an e316g. I am going into a little more with upgrades but have found out from reading posts and talking to people with the e316g that 11's are very capable with this turbo. Now dont get me wrong im not saying that you can slap this turbo on and reach 11's, you need the supporting mods.

Thanks guys, I know e85 would be a great way to get this done, but I really can not do it. If I lived further south I would run the car on it, but I do not and the closest pump to me is 45 miles away. I will run a meth though and when I am not at the track I can always use a more conservative tune and run waste gate pressure.

One question though is, would GM MAF and MAF-T do anything for me with dsmlink??

About BC cams they can be as good or as bad as they are because I will not stray from FP or HKS, I am sure Kiggley's are great as well but I am not familiar with them.

Thanks guys, I know e85 would be a great way to get this done, but I really can not do it. If I lived further south I would run the car on it, but I do not and the closest pump to me is 45 miles away. I will run a meth though and when I am not at the track I can always use a more conservative tune and run waste gate pressure.

One question though is, would GM MAF and MAF-T do anything for me with dsmlink??

About BC cams they can be as good or as bad as they are because I will not stray from FP or HKS, I am sure Kiggley's are great as well but I am not familiar with them.

If you were ever to take a ride in a 30+ psi evo3/e85 car, you would go straight to that station with a 55 gallon drum.

^^ LOL... I hear rumors of DSMgraveyard coming out with a regrind soon... Im not sure exactly but hopefully they perform well.. Ill defidently get a set if they do work out and get them.. My goals are 11s with a stock 7 bolt.. Good luck man..

If you were ever to take a ride in a 30+ psi evo3/e85 car, you would go straight to that station with a 55 gallon drum.

I have driven in a e85 3000gt VR4, with AMS 50g's on it, 4 fuel pumps, the works in total it was about 750hp and 800lbs/tq, thing ran low 10's with 2.0+ 60' because of the street tires. That was in NC, I just can not do it here I wish I could it is just not plausible.

You get what you pay for when you buy BC cams. You can put less than another 100 towards cams and get the FP cams and have a better outcome. I wouldn't go cheap on cams, especially if you want to run 11's. Just pay the extra 70 buck or so and get a cam that performs better.

^^ LOL... I hear rumors of DSMgraveyard coming out with a regrind soon... Im not sure exactly but hopefully they perform well.. Ill defidently get a set if they do work out and get them.. My goals are 11s with a stock 7 bolt.. Good luck man..

That's my goal too, I know I will reach it this year on 93 oct none the less. I run a bolt on BEP turbo though. I want go mid to low 11's. I've seen it done on pump, hopefully I'll be joining that list.
On a local board a full weight 2ga went 11.9x, but on an auto trans and race gas.

I really think I can do it I am going to add cams, meth injection, a ported mani or a fp mani, bigger injectors obviously, gm maf, and a tial BOV to hold everything where it should be.

For your 2g, if you want to open up the intake some more get a EVO3 intake manifold, in most cases there cheap and work very well, or just get a SMIM. Add this and you have a garaunteed 11 sec timeslip.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back