The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ultimate Tranny Comparrison!! Post Your Opinions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok guys so I couldn't find a thread or a post quite like this and I believe I am in the right section. So i have been researching for days and have come to realize that the choice to buy a race/performance transmission is not only confusing but slightly intimidating. For someone like me that doesn't know all the transmission part lingo i think a thread like this would be great. So the few shops that i would like to compare are: Sheptrans, Jack's Transmissions, TRE, and Dogbox Racing. The first which of course is probably the most popular because of Shepard Racing and his amazing 7 second awd dsm. There is no replacement of course for experience and i'm sure racing shep has had to learn alot of things the hard way. Often people seem to be intimidated from even looking at his website but for his stage 4 rebuild he only charges $2395. Next is Jack's Transmissions. This guy seems to be the new kid on the block but shows quite a bit of promise. For his premium rebuild which is supposed to be far superior because of the included parts. The standard 4 spider gear center diff is awfully nice though. This can be had for only $2349. Next is TRE or Team RIP. Although they have quite the following and you hear stories of their trannys being the most amazing things ppl have ever used, they do have some horror stories as well. TRE Tranny only lasted 14K miles - Page 2 - DSMtalk Forums however besides this i have heard that they have great customer service and will customize a transmission for exactly what you would like to do with it. They also take time to do the little things that most other places overlook. such as shotpeening and enlarging your oil passage ways standard. along with the ripgrip lsd being included in their stage 3 build they also put in the evo 1st gear. All this for only $2250. The one downfall is that they have welded center diff standard but offer a 4 spider for 250 more, not bad in anyones book. The last one is kind of a last minute throw in that someone reccomended to me. Dog box racing seems to be an experienced company seeing as they have cars breaking into the single digits. Along with that they have 20 years of mechanicing and racing experience. They offer a very budget friendly race build for $1200 flat. They dont seem to have all the bells and whistles of the other shops but they do make the statement that their trannys can handle 500+ hp and shift at 9k without a flaw. So now i guess i would just like your opinions from any experiences you've had and throw in a comment if you feel it neccesary.
Sheptrans.com
www.jackstransmissions.com
WELCOME TO TRE## WE SPECIALIZE IN MANUAL TRANSMISSION REPAIR
Welcome to Dog Box Racing!

<a href="http://www.htmlpoll.com/poll?id=6593&aim=1" target="_self">Best Tranny (Performance)</a>

<a href="http://www.htmlpoll.com/poll?id=6594&aim=1" target="_self">Best Tranny (Value)</a>

<a href="http://www.htmlpoll.com/poll?id=6595&aim=1" target="_self">Best Tranny (Reliability)</a>

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back